MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No PCM for me yet. I really don't feel like I need more power yet. I rarely wrap the throttle WFO. At this point, I think the next mods will be CF for weight savings.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
cryptyk said:
No PCM for me yet. I really don't feel like I need more power yet. I rarely wrap the throttle WFO.
Really nice looking graph.

Remember, the whole idea behind the Power commander is not outright horsepower.
Cleaning up drivability, on/off throttle transitions and overall engine performance is really what they are about.

Did you get an a/f graph??

John T

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, I didn't get the AF, though now (after reading about AF) I wish I would have.

I don't know a lot about dyno graphs. Feel free to jump in here and give opinions on the chart and speculate as to anything wrong/right/average/par/whatever...

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
that's a great looking dyno curve.
i'd put that graph right up there with a giggy 1k.

for a really good motor, with great feel, you want a flat, smooth torque curve. and your bike, my friend, has that in spades.

from 6,500 to 11,000 your motor is making 70+ lb/ft of torque with NO dips. there's nothing to tune.

the yamaha r1 has a HUGE hole in the torque curve at ~6500, and you feel it! just as the bike goes through that point, it backs off, and then all hell breaks loose when you get to 8k. that's not fun. it makes the bike a handful to ride.

also your motor has some nice over-rev on it. see how the power backs off above 11500, but there is still RPM left, up to 13000. that's over-rev. you need that at the track. sometimes, you get in a situation where your stuck in a gear (say through a LONG fast corner) and you can't shift it without upsetting the chasis. with the over-rev, you can just stay on the gas and keep going.

the earlier triumph daytona 675 had zero over-rev. the rev limiter would hit right at the top of the power curve. not a good thing when you can't shift.

alex

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
yeah, the power/torque curve is anything but linear for the Yamaha R1 R6, they are almost a bit like 2 stroke motors, not much down low, bumpy mid range but once you get to the powerband in the high rpm...watch out! My R6 was very much that way, as long as one gets used to keeping(shifting often) the RPM in the sweet spots then it's fine... after L & L custom mapped my R6 the power delivery got much better.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Allowing for Dyno variations thats about normal, what you'll find with a PC is only about 4/5bhp at wide open throttle ( mine gives 161 with PC,RG3,no cat) but the difference at the smaller throttle openings is well worth the cost, mine was running an air/fuel ratio in the midrange (at presumably were the emission tests are carried out) of around 17-1, man thats seriously weak and possibly valve damagingly weak, the PC adds/subtracts fuel as a percentage of what the ecu is already giving, at some points the PC on mine is adding 24% more fuel. Also with the 1000 the map from Dynojets website is pretty darn close to what mine ended up with after a custom map which is something that could never be said about the 750, they all needed a custom map

1 - 8 of 8 Posts