MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Nice post! If you want, add it to your registry entry via the MV CP (MV Control Panel) below the history/links/join menu buttons up top.

Follow-up: Way to update :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
nice chart

I have been impressed by your dyno chart. I have added the BMC filter from Ferracci but have been rekuctant to replace the cat and install a new eprom. Where did you purchase the midpipe and eprom ?? Was it a simple replace and go ?? Thanks...........KO...ps who did you go to for the dyno run ??

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
chromeframe said:
I have been impressed by your dyno chart. I have added the BMC filter from Ferracci but have been rekuctant to replace the cat and install a new eprom. Where did you purchase the midpipe and eprom ?? Was it a simple replace and go ?? Thanks...........KO...ps who did you go to for the dyno run ??
Actually, I have a PC usb, not an eprom. I purchased the PC from a local shop and the mid pip from Pirates Liar www.piratesk12site.net. The dyno was performed at Ferracci's

·
Registered
225 Posts
MV-999R said:
Yo redrocket, it's MilleR :king:
Hey MilleR how're you doin? It's really great to see you here. I've eventually succumbed and put down a deposit on a MVF41000S1+1 It took a big crash for me to make the decision though. I pick the bike up first week in June. I've got a broken ankle and hand still and the pins don't come out of my hand till mid May so I figure I should riding again by June. :)

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Almost 108 degrees F in Feraccis dyno room?? :eek:

Something is wrong here....maybe his stack (weather station that corrects for conditions) needs to be fixed. This also may be why his dyno produces much higher numbers than any other in the industry!

·
Registered
180 Posts
airfuel said:
Almost 108 degrees F in Feraccis dyno room?? :eek:

Something is wrong here....maybe his stack (weather station that corrects for conditions) needs to be fixed. This also may be why his dyno produces much higher numbers than any other in the industry!
Wouldn't the higher temps cause lower numbers versus running in a cooler room?

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Shogunz said:
Wouldn't the higher temps cause lower numbers versus running in a cooler room?
yes, it would. higher temps mean lower air density -> lower power.
run that thing again! and keep the temperatures closer between the runs.

but look at that torque curve!!! friggin' awesome. 81 lb/ft +/-2 from 6.5k to 11.5k RPMs. that's what makes this bike so damn fun and enjoyable to ride. it's just so useable.

alex

·
Registered
5,601 Posts
What does the SAE 1.04 mean? I have a dyno graph where it says 0.95. Is that some kind of correction factor?

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
must be. i just downloaded the software manual from dynojet for Runviewer 7. there is a selection box for "correction factor"

i cut this out from the manual.

Display Negative—When Display Negative is toggled on, all data is displayed. When off, the data is cut off below zero and only positive data will be displayed.

Display—determines what will be displayed on the graph. When printing the graph, note that the Conditions will always be printed.

Correction Factor—lets you select the correction factor applied to the data.

Smoothing—lets you select the level of smoothing to be applied to the data.

·
Registered
180 Posts
airfuel said:
Do you think it really was 108 degrees in there? :rolleyes: (I don't)

Big temps screw with the SAE numbers.
Hard to say seeing as none of us were there. But given that the previous run was done just an hour earlier it could have heated up during the first run. Besides I don't see what advantage Ferracci would have for doing the second run in warmer temps. You would think they would try to do the mod run in cooler temps right?

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
reptile said:
Hey MilleR how're you doin? It's really great to see you here. I've eventually succumbed and put down a deposit on a MVF41000S1+1 It took a big crash for me to make the decision though. I pick the bike up first week in June. I've got a broken ankle and hand still and the pins don't come out of my hand till mid May so I figure I should riding again by June. :)
Hey, WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......... i didn't knew you had crashed :eek:
What happend? Did you crash on the road or on the track?
I'm truly sorry to hear that :( Heal up quickly and i hope you'll be ready for you MV in June :smoking:

Ah........ and it's great to see you here too :)

·
Registered
225 Posts
MV-999R said:
Hey, WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......... i didn't knew you had crashed :eek:
What happend? Did you crash on the road or on the track?
I'm truly sorry to hear that :( Heal up quickly and i hope you'll be ready for you MV in June :smoking:

Ah........ and it's great to see you here too :)
Yep I sure did, there's post all about it on the R1 forum

1 - 18 of 18 Posts