MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally have the time to get my PCIII mapped on a dyno, but have not been able to find a place that I trust in the area. Does anyone have any recommendations? I live in Santa Monica, but can have the bike shipped to a place in the area as needed. I want to get the map so that I can smooth out the throttle after my arrow midpipe installation. I also want to get it to post on here so that anyone else can at least try it. I have heard that not all dyno shops are created equal. Airfuel - do you know anyone out here that you trust? :confused:

·
Registered
735 Posts
you shd come down to OC and maybe you could ride mine. I have a mid pipe but no PC/remap. Spectrum Ducati in Irvine has a dyno and their parts guy Rob has a Brutale he trusts them with :smoking:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Love the sound with the midpipe, but still have the twitchy throttle problem that I think only a dyno remap can fix. Thanks for the tip on Spectrum, i will give it a shot!

·
Registered
431 Posts
I haven't used them, but lots of WSIR racers go to L&L Motorsports (http://www.landlmotorsports.com/). But then, L&L makes the effort to come out to the track WITH their dyno, so that might have something to do with it. That or you might go to Kelly Baker (also out at Willow Springs - in Tom Sera's old shop) or maybe Moomba Cyclesports (http://www.moombacyclesports.com/).

I really need to get off my butt and do the same thing, so please report your results and experience.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info - tried to call spectrum Ducati today - apparently doesn't exist any more. Will try both tomorrow. Will definitely let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You are right - sorry about that! 411 was not able to find them when I checked - they connected me to a former Ducati dealership that only had a bench dyno. Found Spectrum yesterday and had a call with them - they didn't make it sound like they did a lot of dyno-tuning, and so I decided to keep looking. I found R CAL racing in Huntington beach (http://www.rcalracing.com/dyno.htm ) and am considering sending the bike down there for a full map. They said that they spend a half day on the map and that it's one of their areas of specialty. Looks to cost around $285 for the map plus $90 for unlimited dyno runs. I think I'm going to go for it. Mika - any experience with these guys? They haven't done a Brutale before, but seem to know what they are doing.

·
Registered
735 Posts
nope I dunno them, but I'm not much into this kinda thing. Maybe Nevermore, or the craw may know. They track their bikes.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I bit the bullet and shipped my 910 to R Cal racing for full dyno tune. They seem pretty knowledgeable and talked me into replacing my air filter before the tune was done. I am picking her up on Saturday- so will give you all a full report complete with graphs when we're done. I will post the maps in case there is anyone else out there with a similar setup who wants to try the map. Will let you all know what's up on Sunday after my ride.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Brutish said:
Well, I bit the bullet and shipped my 910 to R Cal racing for full dyno tune. They seem pretty knowledgeable and talked me into replacing my air filter before the tune was done. I am picking her up on Saturday- so will give you all a full report complete with graphs when we're done. I will post the maps in case there is anyone else out there with a similar setup who wants to try the map. Will let you all know what's up on Sunday after my ride.

Did you get it mapped Brutish??? :stickpoke

·
Registered
431 Posts
Brutish said:
I found R CAL racing in Huntington beach
These guys seem to know what they're doing with a race bike, but I'm not sure I'd take a Brutale to them to be tuned...especially if you're going to be riding on the street. IIRC they only have a Dynojet dyno, which is not an eddy current type...meaning they have no way to test your bike at anything other than WFO. If you're looking for peak HP that's no problem, but if you want to fatten midrange and/or help your mileage then they may not be able to help.

Also, they've always been very nice to me but have never finished a bike on time for me...nor have they been good about communicating while they had it. YMMV.

---I just saw that you already took it in. I hope you are happy with the results and am looking forward to seeing what they did.---

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the info guys - I picked up the bike on Saturday, and was very impressed with the work. I wish I knew the different types of dynos beforehand, but it seems to have worked out well. The key issue of the herky jerkies in the low end was resolved. I only had the opportunity to ride it home that night, so won't really know until I get her in the twisties, but so far it seems like a pretty huge difference in throttle response and smoothness. I will try to get the dyno printouts scanned and posted soon. They put a BMC air filter on it, which didn't really seem to do much. Peak HP was around 120 at the rear wheel. I have no idea if that is good or not with my Arrow mid-pipe. I was impressed with how careful and communicative they were. I'll be sure to post more once I have had the chance to ride again - might not be until next weekend as I will being doing the 2-day Keith Code camp in Vegas this weekend. It's a good bike month!

Thanks again guys for your input.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Brutish said:
Thanks for the info guys - I picked up the bike on Saturday, and was very impressed with the work. I wish I knew the different types of dynos beforehand, but it seems to have worked out well. The key issue of the herky jerkies in the low end was resolved. I only had the opportunity to ride it home that night, so won't really know until I get her in the twisties, but so far it seems like a pretty huge difference in throttle response and smoothness. I will try to get the dyno printouts scanned and posted soon. They put a BMC air filter on it, which didn't really seem to do much. Peak HP was around 120 at the rear wheel. I have no idea if that is good or not with my Arrow mid-pipe. I was impressed with how careful and communicative they were. I'll be sure to post more once I have had the chance to ride again - might not be until next weekend as I will being doing the 2-day Keith Code camp in Vegas this weekend. It's a good bike month!

Thanks again guys for your input.
Post the map if you get a chance. thanks.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes, I got it remapped, but am not happy with it. It seemed fine at first, then I got it into the twisties and it was bouncing around again. After spending a weekend at Keith Code where so much emphasis is placed on throttle control, it is very irritating for the bike to be jumping around in the swithback turns. They gave me a warranty, so I will take it back on Saturday morning for a "reremap" - fingers crossed as the bike is not very ridable in its current state - at least not at high speeds in the canyons which is what I love.

I will post the map when I am confident in it and can stand behind it. Bear with me everyone!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts