·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all of the Dutch forum members.

May I suggest you take a look at this site:
http://www.competition102.com

Its a new product launched this week.
NO ETHANOL and 102 octane, price should be around the price of "super plus".

It's not like I have any connection with this company and it's just a coincidence the missus is working for this company:naughty:

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
According to the F4, Brutale, F3, B3 manuals is RON 95, AKI 91(USA/Can), the right fuel.
Everything else with higher rating is money blown out of the window, or the exhaust in this specific case.
Without any gain in performance or mileage.

·
Registered
329 Posts
here in the state vp fuels has a product called mr12 its octane rating is 93 but the fuel is oxygenated so it makes power but again the bike has to be tuned for it or else youre wasting money

·
Registered
372 Posts
The alcoolized fuels are less thermically performant, they create water instead of hot gazes like nitromethanols ans co, you should compare mpg and other performances.
The octane index is only a minimun request;easy to boost but the density, the energy, the reaction speed are more researched by fuel producers.:conveyer:

I spend hours in a fuel racing labo.:smoking:

·
Super Moderator
22,102 Posts
So, Cristogrr, is it fair to say, for us mortals, that burning a higher octane fuel than specified can lead to deposits of unburned hydrocarbons due to the lower burn rate of the higher octane?

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The main reason I use the higher octane fuels, super 98, VPower or the new Competition102 is because they contain no Ethanol.
I prefere a fuel that does'nt eat my fueltank and fuellines ;)

Whether or not it improves mpg, that's worth a nice discussion

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
And do you know that they contain no ethanol? The only one where I got confirmation of is BP from BP themselves. I am doing business with Shell and they could not or did not want to confirm this...

·
Registered
357 Posts
I work throughout most refineries in the USA. I could tell you of several race fuels with ethanol blend and some with very little but still have it in there. As for the higher octane more mileage or power that has been beaten to a pulp and is just a waste of extra money.

There are plenty location that still sell ethanol free gas for miles around where I live and for the most part where I travel as well. If your really worried about it just coat your tank.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
And do you know that they contain no ethanol? The only one where I got confirmation of is BP from BP themselves. I am doing business with Shell and they could not or did not want to confirm this...
In Canada Shell labels their pumps:

Bronze contains <=10% Ethanol
Silver contains <=5% Ethanol
V Power contains No Ethanol

That being said, it all comes out the same pipe, so you have the potential of following a guy using Bronze at the pump which would leave so much fuel in the line to be pushed out before you are truly delivered no ethanol fuel. In a car or truck that volume can become moot, but on a bike it could represent 5-10% of the fuel to fill the tank from reserve. So "No" Ethanol is a matter of chance more than a guarantee and based on the fuel in the tanks more than the fuel delivered.

So if you're really worried about it, keep a litre fuel bottle with you and put the first litre in the bottle, the rest in the tank. Use the bottle fuel for something you don't mind running on anything.

I dido the idea of running no ethanol fuel regardless of performance improvements. It would be nice to be able to tune for it to get the full benefit, but the less ethanol the better IMHO.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

I got a confirmation by e-mail from Shell.
And for the competition102, my girlfriend is working for this company ;)

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts