MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Road race hero.. North west 200....Ulster Grand Prix winner and TT hero William Dunlop has been testing The MV Agusta F3 around Donnington Park race track....and gives favourable impressions.
I see the 'race' bike is also to use a 'microtek' ecu.
This 'possibly' should have been in the 'racing' section??.....but I'll risk it!
Brian.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers for the info Brian..

Was it in this weeks MCN ?

I hope William does well on the MV and I also hope he hasn't got the same death wish his brother Michael seems to have.. Do you know what I mean Brian ?

Yep John...today's MCN.
:laughing: Yeah I know exactly what you mean about his brother Michael.
Michael is so exciting to watch...just like Martin Finnegan was...but boy he rides on the limit 'every' time. He'll 'win it ..or bin it'!!. A bit like 'Philip Mc Callen'.
William is very smooth ...like 'Joey'. A super rider..and lovely, very quiet guy.
I'm not sure he'll actually ride the MV at the TT...as he is getting great results with 'Wilson Craig's' Honda's.
But His initial impressions according to this article seem very favourable on the F3...and I'd love to see MV Agusta being raced on the 'Roads' here again next season. They certainly were a 'spectacle' when 'Finnegan' used them over here...and I'l love to see that again! With 'William'...he is a fantastic rider, so I'm hoping!
Brian.:)

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol, thanks for that Brian, Ade and I was talking about it just yesterday. Good to see, and be good to see if Chris is involved with the ECU development.
Yeah Dons, I wonder if Chris himself is involved...it does say 'X bikes' are involved with the 'microtek' ecu...I'm sure Chris will keep us posted.
Here's another couple of 'clearer' photos of this detail...out of interest...as the last were a little outta focus.
Brian:).

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
ah...now the thought of the F3 on the Road race circuit in Ireland is very exciting indeed.....will watch with interest to see what the further development of the tracked focused aftermarket brings.....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Arrow exhaust made the weight from 177 to 162 kgs ??? o_O wowwww
Yeah, i read that bit too and went ?????? What i actually said was "when we removed the road parts, we dropped the weight down to 161kg from 177kg. One of the biggest weight savings was the exhaust, the Arrow exhaust was lighter than the box it came in. And at that we havent finished taking everything off we don't need, so the bike will be underweight."

They condensed it quite a lot.

But the test went really well.

Mark

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
hahaha

Good old Press, you have to learn to read between the lines with those guys Doc. Good to see thing coming along Mark, I saw Si had done some posting on Facebook also. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Yes we are involved, early early days for everything but hopefully we'll have a system installed and tested within a few weeks, obviously it's not my bike and not my team so i can't say too much :)

There is huge potential and i'm confident that we can tap into the raw essence of the F3 and produce a semi capable bike before even looking in motor.

Lots to do and not a lot of time.

It is pretty though :yo:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Good old Press, you have to learn to read between the lines with those guys Doc. Good to see thing coming along Mark, I saw Si had done some posting on Facebook also. Good luck.
Yes Donsy your right. They do like to compress it a bit. Thanks for the support chap. Much Appreciated.

Mark

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Post pics of the Arrow pipe if you dont mind please.

I dont take it's that ugly one posted a couple months back?

·
Registered
90 Posts
ok now yes I adore with the design lines of the F3....but if your racing surely you are more concerned with HP gain over style.....one mans ugly is another mans podium.....In any case this is getting away from the fact that William Dunlop is positive about the F3 package which is very positive.

·
King of Bling
9,818 Posts
Go for it MV ...

Hi Mark

Cheers for keeping us all up to speed with what's going on with this project and I wish you guys all the best of luck getting MV back onto the racing map..

You've got a good guy and a smooth rider in William and I hold he does manage to get some outings on the MV next year.. Fingers crossed !

Are you guys going to the Goodwood speed festival at the weekend ?

John

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi John,

Thanks for that. Its good to know people are rooting for us. Yes, William is one hell of a rider and a nice guy to boot. He loved the bike and what he managed to achieve on it in such a short period of time. Sorry but we won't be going to Goodwood this weekend. We got so much to do, and not really a lot of time to do it in. So work has to take priority.

I will do my best to keep everyone posted as to what is happening.

Thanks for the support

Mark

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Really excited about this...I see 'Stephen Davidson' crouching down beside William (holding the camera) in one if those photos Mark..so there may be more about this in the Irish mortorcycling press (''Roadracing Ireland''.http://www.roadracingireland.com/.. ''Real road racing.com'' .http://www.realroadracing.com/......''Keep 'er Lit'') etc. And I'll keep my eye open for this.
The prospect of William Dunlop possibly racing an MV on the 'Roads' over here is.....mouthwatering to say the least...and I'm watching with interest at the developments.
I wish you all the very best with this....exciting times!!
Brian.

·
Administrator
19,858 Posts
Excellent.....but the bike really should be red and silver !!!!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts