MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after a couple of thousand k's on this sportsmart 2 Tyre i find it is not as good as the original,Takes ages to heat up and find the grip is not as good as the number 1 ,The feel in the corners is also lacking to the original.
When you used to push the mumber 1 in the corners you would basically melt the tyre and feel the grip,i find the 2 are just not doing the same as they now just look like sandpaper.anyone else feel the same about this tyre. My next pair will be the Metzeler m7rr.

your thoughts

cheers eddy

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
The funny thing is that I heard somebody saying the exact same thing this morning...

·
Registered
602 Posts
I have the M7RR on my bike. Can tell nothing bad about these tires. Great grip, takes ony short time to heat them up.
Will take my Brutie to the track next Weekend. Then I'll tell you more about the Metzeler (made by Pirelli).
Jochen

·
Registered
292 Posts
I have the M7RR on my bike. Can tell nothing bad about these tires. Great grip, takes ony short time to heat them up.
Will take my Brutie to the track next Weekend. Then I'll tell you more about the Metzeler (made by Pirelli).
Jochen
Me too with the M7RR, used to use Bridgestone S20's on other bikes but thought i'd give these a crack. Seem good so far, better than than the OEM. But more expensive than S20's.
Will be interested to read your track condition comments.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I've got the original Sportsmarts on my 910s Brutale. They are brilliant for grip, feel and longevity.
Really disappointed about the 2's. I will have to go searching for a sticky tyre that lasts!

Dave.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dave ,I was getting 8 to 9000 km out of the original Sportsmarts, with crap loads of grip. Do Not understand why they would change,this Tyre had a great following.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I booked a track day near Berlin with the former SuperSport Champion Teuchert.

Today I received an Email that they do not recommend the Michelin Pilot Power on that track as they had a lot of riders going down with these tires. They do not know why this happened.....

Just to let you know......

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
You know which one? 2CT or the 3??

·
Registered
602 Posts
No word on that in the Email.

Will let you know next week.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Loved the original sportsmart on my triumph street triple, used two sets, absolutely perfect tyres . Got Pirelli Angels on my 920 and they are good but not as good as the dunlops .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts