MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers for the heads up Brian... I'll be watching it tonight...

I bought a copy of the film "Road" 2014 on DVD from Tesco's at the weekend for £7... Tesco's have got it on offer....

Thanks John..., if that's the case I'm gonna buy a copy myself.
As I've set my old VCR to record:laughing:
You know what I'm like for Classic stuff.:smoking:

·
King of Bling
9,817 Posts
Thanks John..., if that's the case I'm gonna buy a copy myself.
As I've set my old VCR to record:laughing:
You know what I'm like for Classic stuff.:smoking:
Brian.. Defo worth £7... You get bonus material which you don't get to see on TV..

These guys would still go road racing even if they had 20 million in the bank... They live for the thrill and bikes..

It's in their DNA.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Brian.. Defo worth £7... You get bonus material which you don't get to see on TV..

These guys would still go road racing even if they had 20 million in the bank... They live for the thrill and bikes..

It's in their DNA.

I agree with you 100%.... Here is a post I put on another thread regarding these guys and what they do:)

Quote:
Yes I understand what you are saying .....,I live in Northern Ireland which is the 'Real road racing' Capitol and I am privileged to witness this almost every weekend.
I was present at the 'Tandragee100' in 2008 (May 3rd) where I took photos (among the last ever photos) of Martin Finnegan on the grid....., about 5 or 6 feet from him before he put his helmet on.......,minutes later he was dead.
His wife and baby daughter were in the tent in the paddock.

Three weeks after that I was at the North West 200 when Robert Dunlop was killed in practice on Thursday night on a 250.
I was there on the Friday night where the atmosphere was very very subdued and sad.
I was there the next day (Saturday) and witnessed his son Michael win the 250cc race...., I'll never forget the emotion I witnessed in the winners enclosure.

These guys (and their families) LIVE road racing......, it runs through them
.,they are gladiators .., they Accept the pain and the glory.

Above all others in motor sport ..,they ARE the real deal... and despite everything, they love it and All that goes with it.

They......,are another breed!.
Brian

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I agree with you 100%.... Here is a post I put on another thread regarding these guys and what they do:)

Quote:
Yes I understand what you are saying .....,I live in Northern Ireland which is the 'Real road racing' Capitol and I am privileged to witness this almost every weekend.
I was present at the 'Tandragee100' in 2008 (May 3rd) where I took photos (among the last ever photos) of Martin Finnegan on the grid....., about 5 or 6 feet from him before he put his helmet on.......,minutes later he was dead.
His wife and baby daughter were in the tent in the paddock.

Three weeks after that I was at the North West 200 when Robert Dunlop was killed in practice on Thursday night on a 250.
I was there on the Friday night where the atmosphere was very very subdued and sad.
I was there the next day (Saturday) and witnessed his son Michael win the 250cc race...., I'll never forget the emotion I witnessed in the winners enclosure.

These guys (and their families) LIVE road racing......, it runs through them
.,they are gladiators .., they Accept the pain and the glory.

Above all others in motor sport ..,they ARE the real deal... and despite everything, they love it and All that goes with it.

They......,are another breed!.
Brian
Hi Brian

Yeah, that conversation was with me, I was also very emotional with the whole thing, and you sent me these words. They are a diferent breed indeed.

·
Registered
181 Posts
and take a both of tissues with you, if you´re a sensitive person (are you?) :bawling::bawling:
Absolutely we got a strange look off our son as he popped his head in the room and saw both me and the wife with tears streaming down our face while we were watching the film.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts