MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
19,499 Posts
Not yet, but I may try a set next...I hear good reports.

·
Registered
24 Posts
This thread has some info and my original thoughts on the Q3 at 1K mark. I've put another 2K on them on the Brutale (and around another 2K on Q3s on another bike) since then, and can add the following:

- the turn-in and handling seem to be unaffected so far, despite some wear, particularly the noticeable scalloping on the front tire.
- speaking of wear, I think I'll get around 4K total out of them, 5 will be pushing it is my guess. Similar to the Q2s, maybe Q3 wears a bit faster
- they are very good in the wet weather
- I noticed that Q3s like lower pressure, and that it makes much more of a difference, IMO, with them, than with most other sport tires I've used. I weigh around 210lbs with no gear, and ride somewhat aggressively. On most sport bikes I've had, regardless of the tire brand (and including the stock supercorsas on the brutale, despite the factory recommendation), I nearly always ended up preferring 34/36 psi front/rear, sometimes 35/37. With Q3, I find the best feel and most confident handling at 33/34 or 33/33, and it FEELS to me like more than a subtle difference.

These observations are all from street use. I can post another update when I replace the current pair; most likely will get Q3 again.

·
Super Moderator
22,045 Posts
If your front tires are scalloping, the cause is usually low pressure.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
makarushka,

Thanks, this is pretty much what I was looking for. I don't really consider my self aggressive, however, I'm getting nearly 5k out of the PP3's and I've got a bit left in the center, it's the sides that I'm grinding down faster.

I'm sure I could get more miles if I upped the pressure a bit. I'm running 32 f/r, unless I plan on being aggressive or it's really warm here, then I'll run 30.

Think I'll just stick with the PP3's.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I run the Q3 on my SuperDuke 990r. I get around 2k out of a set of tires. I consider myself a very aggressive rider. I run 30 rear 33 front. The feel of the tire is pretty good until the very end where they start to feel greasy. I dont think these would last very long on the F4R I have!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts