MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am finally going to get around to changing the fuel hoses inside of my 2006 F41000 fuel tank, Thanks for the info about that problem. I did the hoses from the fuel rail to the tank no long ago as I had a leak from one of the plastic quick fit elbows.
When I changed the fuel lines from the fuel rail to the tank I changed the fittings (just the male ones) to metal and did not keep a record of what line went to what side of the fuel rail, ie I had a black and a white fitting, one in and one out from the tank but now have chrome ones, I assume it makes no difference as the fuel rail is just a through pipe with no valves (other than the injectors) in it?
I only ask as I am taking the tank off and might as well check.

Thanks

·
Registered
200 Posts
Makes no difference, it's more a matter of connecting them in whatever way routes the hoses the best to fit stress-free under your tank when you lower it back down.

Am I understanding correctly that you only put the metal fittings on the hoses, and left the plastic female side of the connector in place in your fuel plate? If so, I'd be dubious about that. If you already have the tank off, you might really want to consider putting the metal female fittings in as well

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks
That's as I thought but just checking.
When searching on this board about the leaking quick disconnects it said no need to worry about the tank side as they don't give trouble?

·
Super Moderator
22,332 Posts
That may be true...mostly; but, sometimes, depending on which metal connectors you purchased, things might not match up perfectly. That will restrict fuel delivery.

I am not saying what you have done will not work. Most of the time it is fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts