MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a few photos of a toy I've been thinking about keeping the MV company in my overcrowded little garage. I used to have one just like this and I'm sorely tempted to buy it but perhaps I should get something more sensible as a second bike like a VFR or something?

Attachments

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
I like that bike very much!

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like the ST4 Ian, the problem is finding one, they are like rocking horse sh*t. :king:

·
Registered
379 Posts
BOLLOX SENSIBLE!

You'll never ride a 'sensible bike'.

Picture this,- it's late Autumn, you wake up to a crisp clear blue sky. The first opportunity to give it a lash after weeks of shitty drizzle....

Which bike would you wheel out of the garage??!!?? The MV or a VFR? The 996 or the VFR?

The answer in both cases, is a no brainer........imo!!

NOW...... a genuine dilemma is,- which bike? The MV or the Duke??

Beware. A persons head could explode!

·
Registered
459 Posts
I'm open to offers. Still have the Fazer and one has to go.
Can throw in an AGV pro Rossi icon, size m, the white red green. Impulse buy that felt good in the shop .My head shrunk couple of weeks later.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
khfx said:
BOLLOX SENSIBLE!

You'll never ride a 'sensible bike'.

Picture this,- it's late Autumn, you wake up to a crisp clear blue sky. The first opportunity to give it a lash after weeks of shitty drizzle....

Which bike would you wheel out of the garage??!!?? The MV or a VFR? The 996 or the VFR?

The answer in both cases, is a no brainer........imo!!

NOW...... a genuine dilemma is,- which bike? The MV or the Duke??

Beware. A persons head could explode!
a perfect post
and just the point that most of us who love MVs HAD to think about some time in the past before we bought one.

of course, when was buying ANY motorcycle a RATIONAL DECISION?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
459 Posts
Spalding,
I dont love MV's ,I ride them .
Believe me a sensible bike is what you need young fella ,no one says you have to ride it sensibly.
Its the one you ride through the shitty weather with until the opportunity comes to give the MV a lash. Rational ?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Dear macmivvi,

Touche!! Is that a rapier I see in your hand.............!

Puts me in mind of an American Vice-Presidential debate..

"...I knew Jack Kennedy,- Jack Kennedy was my friend...... Sir, you are NO Jack Kennedy.......".

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I can see both sides of this arguement. :) Ian, if your ST4 is up for grabs; PM me with a figure and I'll see if I can shake enough funds out of the piggy bank.

Khfx you are right; but I need a bike to commute to work and something with a pillion seat for my long suffering other 'arf. :koolaid:

·
Registered
878 Posts
Looks great john. Make sure it's not the year/years where they had the rocker arm flaking issues. I understand the early 916 (94/95 classics) and 998's didn't have as much rocker arm problems...
But some racers get the rocker arms titanium coated for durability.
Looks beautiful...

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
macmivvi said:
Spalding,
I dont love MV's ,I ride them .
Believe me a sensible bike is what you need young fella ,no one says you have to ride it sensibly.
Its the one you ride through the shitty weather with until the opportunity comes to give the MV a lash. Rational ?
nothing rational about that..... and that's what i love

my BMW K1200GT will be my "sensible" bike
and my brutale 910R will be everything else...
but, it's still sensible to ME :)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
878 Posts
odonata said:
how is the plan for the mother of all garage coming? Kamran?
The Queen is reviewing the plans for compliance and discussing it over tea with the Buckingham Palace Review Board & Commisions!!! :ahhh: :king:

Charles is worried it's going to be more of a tourist attraction than the palace!!! :drummer:

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We need to discuss the battlements section again Kamran. Maam is certainly worried it will outdo Balmoral, so we may have to tone it down a bit. :stopp:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts