MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to a friends accident...stock Brutale rear fender, or "driver side" turn signal.

Although my luck is bad, it wasn't as bad as my buddies.

We were approaching an intersection and there was a car in the turning lane to cross the street. He hesitated to go, and stopped. My light turned yellow, so since I was already slowing from keeping my eye on him, I decided I mineas well stop instead of just push it through the yellow. I had to brake fairly hard, but nothing of the emergency sort. But good thing I did, because he decided to go! :eek:

Well, my buddies were following fairly far behind, the buddy directly behind me stopped in the far left end of the lane, as I did on the right. Well, my other buddy behind him, I dunno WTF happenned, but he ended braking last minute, doing a stoppie, ended up going over the bars. And the driver that caused it all, kept on going

He grazed my leg during the stoppie, I saw the bike was straight on it's nose, after he fell so I zoomed up and the bike fell where I was. Bike landed on his leg, but he's all god after the visit to the doc, just bruised up, no rash thanks to being geared up. His Helmet has quarter sized chip from bangin his head, but his leathers are fine.

I look at my bike, and see my "driver side" blinker was ripped off. Then the damn cop sees me picking up my blinker and asks if I got hit, I was avoiding it cause I knew what would happen next. He then goes and writes a ticket to my buddy for "following too close" for $118.50. Wires were fine, they designed them good cause it just came off the connectors, no ripped wires but it did break off the housing. It's wierd cause, I have a rub (not rash, you wouldn't even notice it if I didn't point it out) on the passenger seat, and some rub on the "driver" seat, but the tail section is fine and untouched. It's like he was aiming for my signal and seats :laughing:

I bought the Evoluzione fender eliminator, it's just not here yet, but I was planning on using the stock signals, as well, I think alot of the LEDs and other signals on the market well....are ugly and/or ricey. And I don't feel like splurging another $50 on Watsen Design minis again, like I had on my last bike. They're great, best blinkers on the market IMO, but I'm broke because I just paid for all my college courses for the Fall term.

I figure most people who sell thier Brutales, will leave the fender eliminator on the bike, and usually it just sits in the closet. Even the new owners would end up trashing it or doing the same, so if anybody is feeling generous and wants to ship me thier stock unit, or just a signal...I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I was gonna go after it, but I turn around and he's like "Get the bike off me!" So I go to put down my kickstand, I get off the bike to go tend to him and my friend is there already doin it, I turn back around to go get back on my bike to chase the car to atleast get a plate #, and he's nowhere in sight....that, and I couldn't flee the scene, specially being involved. So I was stuck....

Well, the arse end of the bike looks uber clean now, having no fender or plate....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts