MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are no mag swingarm for the new F4 so I looked at RAM swingarms for Ducati.

With some modifications, wouldn't it fit the F4?

Anyone know a company that builds custom bikes - anywhere?

All the good parts I can find are for Ducatis, carbon tank, mag triple clamps, brakes..... barely anything for the MV's. :frown2:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Have you actually ridden an MV? If there is so much wrong with the bikes why don't you just get something else? I can understand maybe changing the suspension, but it sounds like you actually just want a Ducati.

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
I think you guys are jumping on Nicholas a little harshly. I am always looking for ways to improve my F4 and there is certainly nothing wrong with wanting to upgrade the bike. Aftermarket parts will always be hard to come by for MV simply based on demand and if there is something that will work on the bike then there is nothing wrong with asking and trying. I will always take the MV over the Ducati and deal with the problems that come with the bike.

Nicholas if you find that the swing arm will work then post it so others may benefit. However if aftermarket parts are really important then the MV may not be the bike for you and you may find the bike does not need to be modified very much.

Also, based on the picture you posted that swingarm will not work

·
Registered
811 Posts
You're getting an RC man! It's yours to do with as you please but that is one special bike and it probably is going to suit you fine unless you have Nicky Hayden skills. And even then what's the point? This isn't some plain vanilla envelope, high production superbike. Why would you want to bastardize a rare work of art?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OEM is not for me. There is always room for improvement. BST wheels are a must for example.
Even if the MV is not for me the bike is on its way. :)

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
OEM is not for me. There is always room for improvement. BST wheels are a must for example.
Even if the MV is not for me the bike is on its way. :)

Thanks.
There's a fine line between wasting money and improving something in my experience.
I have nothing against modifications, lord knows I've been doing it all my life, but to want to change things when you've not even seen what you're getting....:surprise: never mind ridden it, I think your money is burning your pocket - and that's only my opinion mate.
Did you even have a look at the link I shared from Samual at Rev-Limiter, some of those parts are once of, now that's something to look at.

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
Indeed Dons!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes I looked at it. My F4 already have all those parts. I'm not fond of used parts either.

The RC will truly be a great bike OEM, but it will be amazing when I'm done with it.
You can tell me later that I ruined it.

·
Registered
819 Posts
My F4 already have all those parts. I'm not fond of used parts either.
I'm confused, what you do to your bike is your affair, one mans treasure etc. The F4 is the only bike I've had that looks standard, although currently remaking the standard exhaust in Tit so it looks standard but weighs a lot less.

I'm not on farcebook but from what I can see the swingarms are bespoke. The RC does not have those swingarms, they are completely different. I understand the new vs used vs used with pedigree arguments.

Trying not to be too personal but it sounds like you are fairly flush in the monetary sense, so my suggestion would be one of two routes.

1. Buy one of the swingarms, with linkage and required shock, and get a company to measure and re-manufacture the swingarm new for you. This is not easy, as without completely dismantling the arm they won't know the thicknesses of materials and any internal bracing. The final result might ride very badly on the road, if that's your intention. Of course you can then sell the used part, assuming that you have have not had it cut up for measurement.

2. Buy a cheap used swingarm of fleebay and take it to the same firm. Get them to measure it up and either modify it to your required ascetic or make from new to your ascetic and lightness requirements .

I've made an assumption that the appearance and exclusivity is what you are after, rather than just performance. If you want it to work better than the standard one then you can multiply the cost by 10 as you are going to make lots of them and you need to quantify what better is. But I'm sure you know that.

I design equipment for many companies and I regularly have to design in the 'house style' of that company to make it look as if its an original part. I guess most MV fans would ask you to do that, so that it looks of a suitable quality and in the right style. From what you have said I figure that's your intention anyway.

The one concession to the house style for me is you can get it done quickly.

Hope this is constructive for you and not seen as a critique, have fun.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
There is also a jeweler in Europe who wraps MV parts in a carbon/resin baked combination style, he's work looks fantastic and much more durable than the regular dipped stuff. He does swing-arms etc also, I'll post some pictures when i get back home, that's the sort of thing i would do with those Lean Camier parts from Rev-Limiter.

https://www.facebook.com/heiko.schremmvagusta that's the man if you're on Facebook.

Attachments

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It looks good, but I'm still undecided against this type of work. It's adding weight to something.
But still, yes it looks good. Sure.

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
It looks good, but I'm still undecided against this type of work. It's adding weight to something.
But still, yes it looks good. Sure.
Agree. I wished BST would of made a carbon fiber swingarm like they did for the Ducati.

·
Registered
247 Posts
There is a composites supplier in the UK that supplies a Carbon wrapping kit. I bought one. it isn't easy to do, practice makes perfect but that is where it gets expensive because Carbon Twill is not cheap.
I have dipping kit as well and the best result I got was to dip the part then use the clear 2 part resin from the wrapping kit to coat it. The clear coat resin is extremely hard

1 - 15 of 15 Posts