MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Velocemoto IV filming is in full swing over summer, and part of that was the opportunity to spend some time putting the Paul Smart through it's paces...all captured on film.

It truely is a wonderfull bike to ride, not just look at.
Expect the movie here soon, couple of screen captures from the day.

Pete.

Attachments

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Nice, Pete.

I don't care about what anyone says about the looks, not looking "vintage" or whatever... In motion these bikes are totally beautiful.

Anyone know how they work compared to a regular SS1000DS?

·
Registered
1,937 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
JamesC said:
Andy you should race that new 2007 Sport 1000 S these guys were talking about. Now THAT would be something!! Is it HWT over there?

http://www.ducati.com/od/ducatinorthamerica/en/bikes/model.jhtml;jsessionid=DYRM0XGDPDE42CRNCB2SFEYKFUIHUIV3?model=1704

Actually, those things are legal for lightweight racing. Lightweight Superbike or something? All we have at my club are lightweight superbike and GP, but 250s are allowed in GP and a good rider on that will wax your backside. I believe some clubs have a supersport class as well.

The problem I have with this bike compared to the "old" SS1000DS is:

1. The brakes are twin piston. Not sure if they are worse than the twin pin 4 piston Brembos, but even if they are equal, they suck. You could put on the 4 pad calipers (like the latest bikes come with), but that's not supersport legal.

2. Wire wheels. I guess there is a tubeless conversion, but I'm not sure if that would be supersport legal? (I'd love to ask that one to some rules maker :D )

3. Wet clutch (I think?). That makes it more difficult to change the plates than the dry clutch models, as if I needed my racing life to be any more difficult... And the dry clutch is very much a known quantity in racing. The wet clutch is not.

Otherwise, beautiful bike, and I'd love to take one for a ride on the track.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts