MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how about paying $1billion for Ducati. that has to be a pretty rich multiple given Ducati's earnings. I wish they would have been equally interested in MV - talk about deep pockets. VW owns most of Italy now!

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Ducati owned by Audi which is owned by VW, who also own Scania. All good!

And how they laughed when MV was bought by Hardly Movingson.

·
Registered
241 Posts
how about paying $1billion for Ducati. that has to be a pretty rich multiple given Ducati's earnings. I wish they would have been equally interested in MV - talk about deep pockets. VW owns most of Italy now!
How do you suppose they did the valuation? What methodology?

·
Registered
786 Posts
How do you suppose they did the valuation? What methodology?
Well for one, the brand would have been worth a huge chunck of that figure.

Back in 1998, in my home town of Crewe England, what was then home of Bentley/Rolls Royce company, VW bought that company, and then sold the brand 'Rolls Royce' for almost $500,000,000.

So adjust for inflation, and BMW paid close to the cost of Ducati just for a brand name, without any other assets. So I suspect VW are really mostly buying the brand, and paying off the debts that went with it. They get a fully active factory and workforce and a nice range of fresh models to try and make some money with further down the road.

If I was a complete motorhead with stores of money like the owners of VW group obviously are, I'd buy ducati too just for the fun of it.

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
?

Carson;
see the title and instructions for this section?

"General Topics relating to MV Agusta"

try a little:stickpoke

·
Registered
241 Posts
Rules, rules, rules..fair enough.....see u in another thread. Cheers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts