MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ex-World Champion Nicky Hayden is getting released.

Total shame to see this guy probably be out of Motogp for good. He was beating Rossi a bit last year when they were both on the Ducati's. Now Rossi is starting to battle for the top spots and Hayden is getting booted out the back door of the sport.

·
Registered
175 Posts
It's a shame, but hayden on a factory panigale in wsbk isnt a total loss.. They are desperate to sign Cal, who would be taking a huge gamble signing for Ducati! Perhaps Cal should have a chat with Casey first?

·
Registered
5,055 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
Never cared much for Nicky, I'll give him credit for haning in there though, but I hope he does better in WSBK.
That GP Ducati is crap, I feel sorry for those riders, Cal would be crazy to go to that thing, sometimes riders get too confident in their own ability's, ask Rossi about that there Ducati.

·
Registered
947 Posts

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
I like Hayden - he's the consummate professional.

Reagrdless of where he is on the track, if it were my sponsor dollars backing his team, I'd would be happy with both his work on track & off track.

If he did go WSBK and got a competitive bike, I have no doubt he'd be a dual World champion probably not such a bad thing for him.

·
King of Bling
9,818 Posts
Perhaps Hayden will be the first guy to win both a motogp and wsbk championship.
Not if he's going to be riding a Panigale..

Nicky is a sound guy, but he's not at the top with the likes of Jorge, Dani, Rossi or Cal..

He was in the right place at the right time when he clinched the World title..( with no help from Dani)

Nicky seems to be a really nice guy and Ducati will be shooting themselves in the foot by not having him representing the brand in the USA, but at the end of the day, Audi need someone in the team that can drive them back to the top..

Feck knows who, because as already said, the current Ducati is as good as a chocolate fire guard.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I like Nicky, nice guy who just gets on with what he's got and doesn't bitch about it, not publicly anyway. If he stays I think it will be more though influences from above wanting an American rider in the series (no offence Colin) than a team picking him.

I don't think being on that Ducati for so long has done him any favours either, that team is a express exit to world superbikes, or maybe that should be golden handshake? Dovi will be next and Cal after him if he chooses/is forced to join?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Dovi will be next and Cal after him if he chooses/is forced to join?
Audi just came in(owning Ducati) so maybe is not a bad move to go to Ducati, is just like double or nothing bet, the germans would want to win and if they dont they will close the MotoGp program and move all the efforts to SBK.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
If it looked that promising then wouldn't Rossi have stayed? True they may, with Audi's might come out with something special for 2014 but to roll out this season with last years bike doesn't exactly scream of commitment?
Ducati as a company have grown off the back of superbike success so I think they were foolish to turn their back on it.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
It would be nice to find out one day what goes on behind the doors at Ducati, how they can go so long without making any improvement is beyond me, when you look at how Rossi has returned to Yamaha and in six races and a test season he's got the bike to how he likes it and he's back at the front battling for wins and podiums.
It certainly backs up the rumours that the Ducati way is the only way and riders input is ignored?

·
Registered
909 Posts
As much as I like Nicky, he's now in his 11th season in GP's (all on factory bikes!) and has only taken 3 wins- and 2 of those were @ Laguna!

He's had his time, and everyone has to move over at some stage- would still love to see him win one before he goes, though! (unlikely, I know).

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
In it's current state the Motogp Ducati will never be competitive..,no matter who is on it or choses to go to it. I think that is pretty obvious., in that light I think it would be very demoralising to remain on it. Marco Melandri could testify to that ..as could 'others'.
I have always liked Nicky and hope he does go to WSBK and enjoy 'success' which would be great to see instead of ...,'flogging a dead horse'.
If he does go to WSBK ..I'll be rooting for him...I like the guy and think it'd be good for him. It was for Biaggi., Melandri., etc.
Brian.

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
What is ironic it Ducati builds the 1199R which is supposed to be THE bike. It's based on the MotoGP bike which can't win. Now it is in WSB and finally got it's first podium only because half the field crashed out. I don't see Ducati staying in MotoGP. It cost way too much not to win.

Nicky is a good guy and may be at the twilight of his career. He will always be a fan favorite in the States. He is one of the last Champions who competed in the AMA on all track surfaces; dirt , TT and road racing

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Yeah the Ducati is shit and a career killer for anyone other then Rossi to be unfortunate enough to get stuck with one in Gp. I'm sure it must be harder to have to give up the sharp looking uniforms more then it is the bike itself. :moped::brutale:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts