MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
saw this and thought it would be good to post

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/applecross/motorcycles/ducati-collection-rare-and-immaculate-collection/1011587566

Owner is selling his prized Ducati collection bikes are individual or as group and seeking expressions of interest.
This is for the serious collector as example 1974 SS 750 green frame all original and the best you will see. A 1974 MV Agusta 750 sport, 2002 996R, 2004 999R, 2000 748R, 1989 851 these are a few examples of what is on offer.
This has a been a collection of many years and many dollars, all bikes are fully maintained and all are highly prized collectables.

If you are a Ducati fan ( who isn't) and you understand this is not a tyre kicking exercise but a genuine collector selling his lifetimes passion for genuine reasons.
These are not cheap bikes the 74 Green Frame is worth at least $150k alone.

Collectors are private people all enquiries will be through the advertiser and all buyers will be vetted as Part of due dilligence.
Bikes have individual prices but obviously the owner would love for all othe bikes to be kept together in a serious collection.

If you want to surround yourself in your own Ducati dream and have the money and the passion, contact the advertiser.
Seeking expressions of interest.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
some very very rare bikes there

·
Super Moderator
21,472 Posts
I'd like to have the 750 MV and the MH900e Ducati. I am occasionally mad at myself for not buying one when I had the chance.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Cool bikes,would love to own that if I won lotto.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yikes....... u dnt want the mh900e
im broken hearted

·
Super Moderator
21,472 Posts

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Pray-tell, why?

I agree with QT. The MH900e is certainly a beautiful and rare motorcycle, but that's about it. Friends that own them and magazine reviews were very critical of ergonomics and the lack of power. Torture Rack comes to mind..

Maybe that's why Chuckie wants one.....:stickpoke

·
Super Moderator
21,472 Posts
Precisely Randy...it's a Nice Rack.:smoking:

I have a friend who has(had?) one and I find it absolutely stunning to look at. To me it would be a garage queen, or more like the Pool Room Art Piece. It was developed as an art bike after all. I'd treat it as such.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
That being the reason Big Man.......buy that scoot. You're buying a beautiful piece of industrial art.

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
yikes....... u dnt want the mh900e
im broken hearted
Pray-tell, why?
I agree with QT. The MH900e is certainly a beautiful and rare motorcycle, but that's about it. Friends that own them and magazine reviews were very critical of ergonomics and the lack of power. Torture Rack comes to mind..

Maybe that's why Chuckie wants one.....:stickpoke
Actually a more personal reason, I think I posted this once before. I see this bike as a Ducati money making venture, not a tribute to Mike Hailwood. Pauline Hailwood sued Ducati over this issue....as Mike was a friend of mine, I would always put the family point of view first out of respect and therefore would never own one under any circumstances....I won't even sit on one, in fact when my friend Paul bought the first one into New Zealand I even refused to have it in a photograph with his other 28 Ducatis !!! :yo:

·
Super Moderator
21,472 Posts
Man, I learn something new everyday.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I've got one and love it.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I find it has enough power for the road. Torque of a vtwin is fine for road. My F4sr has a lot more power higher up the rev. But for city / road riding its fine for me.
Turning around in limited space can be a chore, as lock to lock is limited. My only real complaint is the fuel tank is small, but I know there is aftermarket bigger tank available which I plan on doing. I find it just as comfortable as my f4, sits a lot higher. It's like anything you adjust and get used to it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Adrian is that really yours? Where the hell did u managE to get the carbon dream set up kit for that

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
And where did u score the bike from ? Is it an Aussie delivered model or import

1 - 20 of 36 Posts