MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
I think it's a repost, but i would LOVE to have it :yo: :yo:

And i prefer it in black then in the red/silver colors he paintd after.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
wow. is the design of the MV just that good, that everything else just looks 2nd best? that's impressive seeing as though it was penned in the '90s. and there are some pics of PVM wheels on REAL mv's in the gallery. they are also on alka's monica bike. :naughty:

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
spalding12 said:
personally, the FISH GILL side panel does nothing for me
it looks more OFFENSIVE than the one on the ZX-14
Greg, under that fish gill side panel, there is the radiator. the fish gills are functional to create a pull of the hot air of the radiator. He placed it sideways:

The fuel trank is placed on the other side, to get a big Airtbox :smoking:

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Manuel_F4 said:
And we think our seats get hot! :popcorn:

BTW I might be mistaken, but I think the creator of that bike has been around the duc forums for several years, albeit sparingly.

He has several other over-the-top type of creations.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I remember his RC51 from when I was in the market...he's primarily the reason I was looking at getting one....now, after seeing that god aweful gilled 999, kinda detracts from all his awesome work, like +5 for the sick ass RC51, but -8 for the ugly 999.

I don't care how functional it is, it's ugly. It's like a toilet. You can make it as fancy as you want, but after all is said and done, you still take a shit on it. And he took a shit on that panel.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
oicdn said:
I remember his RC51 from when I was in the market...he's primarily the reason I was looking at getting one....now, after seeing that god aweful gilled 999, kinda detracts from all his awesome work, like +5 for the sick ass RC51, but -8 for the ugly 999.

I don't care how functional it is, it's ugly. It's like a toilet. You can make it as fancy as you want, but after all is said and done, you still take a shit on it. And he took a shit on that panel.
You think it´s ugly... ok. For me, I like the looks. It´s purly a matter of taste.

And he has not made this Ducati to look good, his first aim was to reduce weight, and everything on this bike was made to reduce weight. So why do you criticize his work? 141kg dry weight? His work was to reduce weight, and I think, he had done his work really good. :wtf: It´s a racebike and it has to be functional and no beauty queen.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
But look at his RC51...he made that thing SUPER LIGHTWEIGHT (especially for an RC51) and it's one of the most beautiful bikes I've ever seen. He just did a crapjob on the 999 aesthetically....I know he coulda done better. He was on the right track with the MV fairings, so you know he wanted it to be pretty as well. But he fucked it all up with those nasty gills. Otherwise, I like it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts