Nice!

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Damn

·
Registered
429 Posts
Good find Nigel, but frankly what is one to do with this bike? First off, plan on spending about $2k on top of whatever the sale price is to get it roadworthy. Start riding it and watch the value go down with every click of the odo. Any sound of pebbles bouncing off the body work will drive you insane. Leaving it parked and out of site for a minute will give you gray hairs...The only thing to do is park it in your living room but that spot in mine is already reserved for the Bimota Dieci...

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Agree on all points. For an engine that hasn't been run in 15 years, I believe it would need a tear down and check before running. Those with greater mechanical knowledge might correct me on this.

I will keep tabs on its final price. I couldn't (and wouldn't) buy it to not ride, but accumulate only a few annual miles. As you say, there goes the value:frown2:. But sometimes we get much more 'value' in pleasure from our bikes than in monetary terms.

And listen 'Tires'; you have a lot to learn about living rooms. Their capacity for holding bikes is far greater than one only!!:grin2:

·
Registered
429 Posts
And listen 'Tires'; you have a lot to learn about living rooms. Their capacity for holding bikes is far greater than one only!!:grin2:
Nigel, you may be correct in that I have a lot to learn about the capacity of living rooms but I am quite familiar with capacity of my wife's tolerance... I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was greater than ZERO :wink2:

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AUCTION RESULTS
Winning Bid USD $19,998
Auction Ended Friday, January 4 at 7:21pm
Bids 16

·
Registered
429 Posts
Tirefriar, did you see that iconic motor sports (near you) has one (YB10) for sale for $11k?
Yes, its a very nice example that came from Bob Steinbugler of Bimota Spirit. When I was buying a YB10 from Bob about 3 1/2 years ago he offered me a choice to buy a mint condition one or a daily rider. I chose the latter, this one could be the other bike. I absolutely love the Dieci. It’s such a cool retro bike but it is still competitive even by today’s high standards. An individual who has had extensive experience with YB10 and even vintage raced them told me that this model was about 10 years ahead of its time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts