MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about purchasing a DUC!! What do you MV owners think? It's between the 749 or 999 (in red)? I currently own a 2000 F4-750. :stickpoke

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
MV4LA/RA said:
I'm thinking about purchasing a DUC!! What do you MV owners think? It's between the 749 or 999 (in red)? I currently own a 2000 F4-750. :stickpoke
Why not? The more, the merrier as I say it!

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Why?

jk...I'm actually considering a 749D, but just for the track. My MV is too much fun otherwise, and I'd never ride another bike even if I had one.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
I say go for it as well, theres are a number of people on here with both an MV and a Duc.

Between the two you can't go wrong and it depends on what you want out of the bike.

·
Registered
110 Posts
We have a few duc's and the MV F4 750. Duc seems easier to live with day to day (but higher running cost) for track use it's a V-twin vs inline 4 preference.

Handling wise MV is sharper, Duc's brakes are better (thanks to radial m/cylinder and up graded calipers no doubt)

MV is better at high speed, Duc feels better in the wet.

They are like apples and pears you really can't compare them as they are distinctly different in design and power characteristic.

I think the F4 is the nicest 750 since the ZXR 750/ZX7's and the 749/999 the best twins since the 916/998's. Looks ... well that's an individual choice

We have a TT2, 650SL, 749 and 916. The 749 is by far the superior bike though I don't think I'll ever part with the 916. Add a Duc if you can :king:

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Do it :stickpoke

It's between a 749 and a 999?? :smoking:
Get the 999. (unless you're talking about a standard 999 vs 749R :naughty:)

·
Registered
438 Posts
i own a 748, love them both differently. my ducati is basically the wife i've been married to for the last 3 years, my SPR is my younger hotter girl on the side. :naughty:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

the bike will be same as my mv! Anytime I wanna beat traffic, feel like opening the throttle, and to carve the canyons. :) Weekend use/ commute here and there! As for the 999, if I plan to get it it will be my first 1000 cc bike, kinda intimidating!

·
Registered
301 Posts
I say everyone needs a Duc..... :eek:

But why a 749/999....(well OK, I had 3 red Italian sports bikes at once for a while... :rolleyes: Have you looked at some thing like the ST range? These sports tourers are great machines. You can ride them for long trips without the pain that you get from a full-on sports riding position, but they are still sporty on the twisties etc. I have an MV and a Duc ST3 -use the ST for commuting to work and for touring.

Doc :guitarist

·
2,154 Posts
SF,
welcome, good to see a few of the troops coming over from MAM ,
Re the Duc purchase, i would wait till next year with the new 1119 on the way and finally the Duc will also look like it should :eek: :eek: :eek:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts