MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally heard back from MotoCorse that has the crazy Brutale 1133 with the Big Bore kit and the dry clutch by HRT. I wanted to know what was available and how much. The dry clutch was a (non-working) prototype that they decided to not move forward with on manufacture. :( :( :( So clears that up.

Now, next question, Does anyone make a dry clutch for a Brutale?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Nope, no one produces a dry clutch for the Brutales.
I know of a guy in Italy that has a dry clutch on his, but its also a prototype. I thought he was the only one, but seems like Motocorse has one also.
I also know he was selling his very specially tricked Brutale for a not absurd at all price. :brutale:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Being that a dry clutch is going to be an issue and understanding that you want to showcase the internals why not have a glass front cover fabbed up so you can see the wet clutch. I am sure you could get some anodized internals and it would be the next best thing visually. There are a couple companies that do that to any OEM clutch cover.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I actually want a dry clutch cause I like how they grab and I don't want the resistance of my clutch dragging through the oil as it spins. Oh well. Wish someone would just make it.

·
Super Moderator
22,486 Posts
There would have to be engine casing modifications to prevent the oil from entering the clutch housing...

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The initial cost would be a lot to create it, but once they moved a few, they'd get their money back quick if it was more reasonable. Don't want the Duc guys to get all the good stuff. :)

·
Registered
14,532 Posts
dry noise maker?

The Ducati guys have seen the light and are going down the wet clutch route nowadays..
+1000

i would never buy a bike with a dry multi-plate clutch......
i had 2 Yamaha OW-31s (Mg covered TZ-750s)with dry clutches on them......total pieces of shit.....biggest problem on the bikes period:jerkoff:

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok, ok, didn't realize there was an issue. Duc guys around here talk about "upgrading" to a dry clutch from wet. Thought it was a better set up. Will let it be then.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts