MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving without exhaust shield. Sane or stupid?
I'm leaving this wednesday for a few days. I had a hard time refitting the exhaust and forgot to bolt the shield on there. :bawling: I'm not in the mood to unbolt it again. What should have been a 20min job turned out to take 90mins. :jsm:

I'm going to visit our German neighbours and plan to drive near the Teutoburgerwald and Sauerland. Coppers don't like loud exhausts over there so the FM projects had to go. :)

I'll bring some nice pictures and video's back for you guys. Also my first trip with the MV and with the Hepco and Becker luggage system.
Can't wait to eat some Bradwurst and drink some white beer. :mouthwate

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
Probably not a big drama. Watch where you put your boot :)

·
Registered
602 Posts
Enjoy your trip to Germany.

But be aware of our cops here - they are after loud exhausts and all things that do not have a CE marking.

Good idea to take off the FM exhaust!

Last week cops took away a Brutale from a German fellow of the German forums. Had a non CE-marked Arrow can on his bike, but with the dB eater in :wtf:.
He walked home.....

I do not know if they behave that bad towards foreign bikers - but better be on the safe side!!

Jochen

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Enjoy your trip to Germany.

But be aware of our cops here - they are after loud exhausts and all things that do not have a CE marking.

Good idea to take off the FM exhaust!

Last week cops took away a Brutale from a German fellow of the German forums. Had a non CE-marked Arrow can on his bike, but with the dB eater in :wtf:.
He walked home.....

I do not know if they behave that bad towards foreign bikers - but better be on the safe side!!

Jochen
We can keep our bikes but have to walk home. :laughing:

Sauerland is not really motorcycle friendly. Some stretches of road are closed in the weekends. Also 50 and 70 speed limits and during the weekend coppers behind every tree.
That's why i'm going midweek. Hopefully less coppers.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Good thinking, I'm also planning on leaving the FM at home during my next visit to the German Eiffel.

Have a nice and safe trip !!!

P.S. What was the problem making it a 90min job....?

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good thinking, I'm also planning on leaving the FM at home during my next visit to the German Eiffel.

Have a nice and safe trip !!!

P.S. What was the problem making it a 90min job....?
Not all mounting brackets lined up with the frame. The FM Projects is a better fit than the stock one. :) Had to make a longer bolt to pull the rubber thingy through the frame. (Mounting near the brake lever) Hardware shop was closed.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, i'm back from a somewhat shortened trip. I had a small fever when i left and it cought up with me. It felt like my handlebars were upside down. I stayed there for one night and headed back home.

The Brute however was superb. It had no problem with the poor road conditions and the elevations. The lugage system is top notch to. I couldn't tell it was on there except for my feet touching the duo seat pegs.

And no burned shoes.

·
Registered
639 Posts
So, back on the bike for that FM Exhaust then ;)

Get well soon !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts