MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations on replacement items and brands - just about due for it with 32K km on the clock.

Baseline items are front and rear sprocket and chain - is that all? (Don't want to change standard sprocket sizes). Can it be done easily at home (any special tools etc)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
14,409 Posts
Any recommendations on replacement items and brands - just about due for it with 32K km on the clock.

Baseline items are front and rear sprocket and chain - is that all? (Don't want to change standard sprocket sizes). Can it be done easily at home (any special tools etc)
you should get way more than 32km to a chain....

I don't see much stretch, just loss of internal lube and the start of kinking at 45-50,000km+

32mm & 55mm sockets, 1/2" torque wrench and chain breaker/riveter

:drummer:

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you should get way more than 32km to a chain....

I don't see much stretch, just loss of internal lube and the start of kinking at 45-50,000km+

32mm & 55mm sockets, 1/2" torque wrench and chain breaker/riveter

:drummer:

Thanks Noel

Yeah it's a little way off but I don't think it will go much past 36k - contemplating whether to do it myself and looking at what are reputable brands (not even sure I'll be saving over OEM)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Got mine from startwin. Easy enough to do at home. Whilst you are doing it, I would change the rubber bungs on the sprocket carrier too.
The only hard part is closing the chain link.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts