MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.. Took my Dragster in for its first service and the dealer did a software update dated April 2015 . After it had installed a "tip over sensor" fault showed up. He checked all of the components and couldn't fix it so have had to leave the bike there. Sounds very much like a glitch in the software as everything was fine before he installed it. Feeling pretty gutted and wondered if anyone else has had a similar issue? It seems too coincidental for it to be an actual component failure given that it all worked a treat before he did it.

·
Super Moderator
22,639 Posts
I'll wait for someone with experience here, but I seem to remember an issue with some tip-over sensors having loose mountings and failing until tightended up.

Don't be too discouraged...and welcome to this Mad House.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Hi.. Took my Dragster in for its first service and the dealer did a software update dated April 2015 . After it had installed a "tip over sensor" fault showed up. He checked all of the components and couldn't fix it so have had to leave the bike there. Sounds very much like a glitch in the software as everything was fine before he installed it. Feeling pretty gutted and wondered if anyone else has had a similar issue? It seems too coincidental for it to be an actual component failure given that it all worked a treat before he did it.
Same thing happened to me last week. Makes me kinda pissed cause I know they didn't do anything to cause it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I spoke to the dealer yesterday and they think it's a loose wire in the ecu. Still don't buy it.... surely that would have shown itself during the first 600 miles and not right after a software update.. They are waiting on advice from Italy as to what to do next. Still think it's software related.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll wait for someone with experience here, but I seem to remember an issue with some tip-over sensors having loose mountings and failing until tightended up.

Don't be too discouraged...and welcome to this Mad House.
Thanks... I'm gagging to get it back so I can ride it properly ... was looking forward to my ride home after the 1st
service. : /

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Apparently it was a connection from the loom to the ECU. Although why it only showed itself when a new software update was installed, I don't know. Got it back on Saturday and it's now turning over for quite a long time before it starts which it wasn't before...However it does start so I should be grateful for that! I'm getting the impression this is how it is with MV : /

·
Registered
181 Posts
I had the tip over sensor problem as well. The folks at MV North America said it has something to do with the tail eliminator I installed. The fix is to install some kind of washer so the sensor doesn't move. The dealer installed the washer about a year ago.

Well, I still get the warning but it's much less often.

·
Registered
43 Posts
just had my first service and on way home i got a lamber sensor malfuntion light on, funny nothing for the first 600 miles ?? must be the updates or somthing

1 - 10 of 10 Posts