MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a lot of you know I have lusted after a Dragster RR for sometime (Red/Black combo) but after being part of this forum for a little while and doing a ton of reading and research I am left questioning my lust and IF I should get a 1090RR instead.

IF I go the 1090RR route I could actually purchase a members F3 that is for sale here in Florida as well. I have enough saved up for both. And the really good deal's I have found on some 1090's are over near him.

At this point I will be keeping the Yamaha. So my question to everyone, would you go and get the Dragster or be a little more practical and get a 1090 and F3.

·
Registered
538 Posts
2 bikes for different purpose is always better :)

I wanted an 800RR or Dragster, but when I test rode them all I just found the riding position on the 1090 more relaxed (which is what I wanted) and the extra torque/power quite umm....noticeable :)

Now I wouldnt change it for anything except another bigger Brutale when it arrives ....

·
Registered
434 Posts
My first ride on an MV was on a 910. I rode that bike for a better part of the day and then stopped by local dealership where they gave me an 800RR for a test ride. The 800RR was fun, flickable bike and easy to ride but missing the torque of the B4. In the end I went the 1099RR route and very happy that I did. You will also benefit from a relative rarity of the 1090RR as I keep running into a lot of B3 bikes out there.

·
Super Moderator
22,312 Posts
Hey Randy, knowing the bikes I believe y9ou are looking at...maybe I'm wrong...the 1090RR is special and it will meet your needs longer than the Dragster.

Yes, I'm prejudiced because I have a 1090RR; but, the 800RR I have just doesn't meet the same standard.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
I seriously thought about changing to the 800 but was put off with the reliability issues, so I stuck with my 1090RR. The Marelli 5sm ecu models are mature technology with most of the bugs ironed out.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Hey Randy, definitely the 1090RR.... having ridden both Chuck's 1090RR and the 800RR the power delivery on the 1090RR was so much nicer.... well, for my style of riding anyway! The F3 is just an added bonus!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts