MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I want to get access to the battery on my Dragster RR 2015.
I have a workshop manual I got from the net but its for the standard model, the RR has a steering dampener.
I can get most of the dampener off but the bracket that the dampener bolts to seems to be locked in somewhere under the tank.
I am thinking if I remove the bolts locking the tank down then the tank should slide back and off.
I am waiting to get a second person to help me but in the mean time I wanted to see if anyone has gone thru the motions of getting to the battery and might be able to give me a quick run down, I dont want to waste your time, just something brief.
thanks in advance
L

·
Registered
100 Posts
seat off, remove the two large bolts at the rear. Remove the metal side panels attached with three screws.

Remove the two short screws either side between tank and frame.

Remove the damper (two side screws first, then centre one).

Remove the two screws holding the damper plate thing.

Not necessary but you can remove the screws holding the air-box fairings. This allows loads of free play to lift tank to remove battery.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I simply unbolted the tank and removed the damper. Leave the damper bracket in place. Lift the tank upward and support it while removing the battery. No need to completely disconnect and remove tank. Saves a ton of time though it’s a bit tight.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Forgot to mention that it’s a good idea to place a strip or two of painter’s tape along front edge of tank as it will contact the damper bracket if you’re not watching it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
You have everything u need already, set half an afternoon aside and enjoy working with the most inconveniently place battery in the world!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all your responses guys
sorry for not replying sooner.
I may have time to attach it soon.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks
I recently covered most of the tank with a paint protection film from 3m.
prick of a job, that tank has so many curves, but its put my mind at ease that I wont scratch easy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts