MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone

I have a 2015 Dragster i think it has to much lateral free play dealer was not interested when it went for its 1st service any sugestions.

Thanks

Mark

·
Registered
590 Posts
Upload it to YouTube or vimeo or some other such site and post the link here.

·
Registered
582 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Always torqued correctly and safety clip mounted. Why would you assume that it isn't?

:stickpoke

edit: http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=177673&highlight=dragster+loose+sprocket for reference
Hah that was my thread a few months ago and here's what happens if you don't spot it coming loose. I'd paint marked it and checked it prior to my trip to Granada but this was the state when I got back. Now there is too much play in the sprocket carrier for my liking as you'll see from that thread.

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=194489

·
Registered
582 Posts
Hah that was my thread a few months ago and here's what happens if you don't spot it coming loose. I'd paint marked it and checked it prior to my trip to Granada but this was the state when I got back. Now there is too much play in the sprocket carrier for my liking as you'll see from that thread.

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=194489
I've had to retighten it twice now and it's not through lack of sufficient torquing and clip placement. Obviously there is more you can do to prevent it, but this is how my bike came out the factory so I would go as far to presume that others have.

It's a scary thing when you find it, isn't it? :laughing:

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
Always torqued correctly and safety clip mounted. Why would you assume that it isn't?

:stickpoke

edit: http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=177673&highlight=dragster+loose+sprocket for reference
How much are you torqueing it up to mate?
I assume Noel means that if it's torqued up correctly, and the clip is in properly, then the nut can't undo itself.
If it's loose after a while, then you have another problem on the other side of the carrier, something wearing away and best be looked into.

·
Registered
582 Posts
How much are you torqueing it up to mate?
I assume Noel means that if it's torqued up correctly, and the clip is in properly, then the nut can't undo itself.
If it's loose after a while, then you have another problem on the other side of the carrier, something wearing away and best be looked into.

Thanks for feedback.... bike is going in for warranty replacement of tail light (2nd time! but other set lol).

I will give him a shout about this

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts

Thanks for feedback.... bike is going in for warranty replacement of tail light (2nd time! but other set lol).

I will give him a shout about this
No worries Kag, I'm not bullshitting you buddy, we've been dealing with these axles from long before the new generation bikes came along. The main thing is that it works on the same principle and almost identical parts, it just looks like quality control has slipped a bit on some models because I've not heard of any F3's with the same problem.
Good luck.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I can see on my axle where the pin has been scoring so it's definitely not staying in properly. I know they've made it so that the pin doesn't stick in too far to allow axle stands in with ease etc but to me it looks like it's not doing the job.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I can see on my axle where the pin has been scoring so it's definitely not staying in properly. I know they've made it so that the pin doesn't stick in too far to allow axle stands in with ease etc but to me it looks like it's not doing the job.
Yeh, I imagine a physics miscalculation is to blame lol.

The centrifugal force is pulling the pin out, allowing the nut to slip.

Solution: Ride slower! :wtf:

Edit: The above is a joke by the way. The only thing I know about psychics is the word "centrifugal" lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Everyone

Thanks for your comments yes it is a little concerning. It left the factory like this the dealer pointed it out to me when it went in for its 1st service. He told me it a lot of play but everything was as it should be i have now covered 1500 miles and it is bothering me think i will check it later.

Mark

·
Registered
590 Posts
Yeh, I imagine a physics miscalculation is to blame lol.

The centrifugal force is pulling the pin out, allowing the nut to slip.

Solution: Ride slower! :wtf:

Edit: The above is a joke by the way. The only thing I know about psychics is the word "centrifugal" lol
Ride slower???!!!!??? is that possible haha

·
Registered
14,499 Posts
?

Kag;

Please explain how the sprocket nut can unscrew with the clip correctly mounted

I have yet to have an MV in my shop that didn't have bolt/nut torque issues

>to include hub pinch bolts torqued to ~150lbft/200Nm

>a passenger peg mount bolt that I stripped the hex out of and when I drilled the head

off......the shank came out with my fingers

>my cam bearing block bolts that sheared a 5mm SnapOn Allen wrench off after it

twisted 60° at a guesstimated 80 lbft

see why I asked?

:naughty:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts