MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing some good deals on used dragsters pop up and i've always loved the look of them. Sadly i'm 3-4 hours from any dealer so I can't jump on one to see how they fit me. I'm 6ft pretty athletic build with 32L pants. I know I fit on a rivale which is initially what I was going to get because they are an absolute blast, just want to confirm taller riders on these before I drive to go test one. I've had smaller friends tell me they were small for them.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
You're not mentioning which modelyear dragster, since 2018 there is a new shape.
Make it a nice daytrip ride, to and back from that dealer.

a 6 feet dude can say it feels nice and solid. While maybe you hate the position.
I've read & heard multiple people say the Dragster has a fix position. Shape makes you drop into the dip of the seat. (2015-2017) 2018+ seems to have a bit more space.
From 2018 onwards I think you can take the gamble on someone words. Way better seat.

Here: a sideview picture (2015 model). Maybe it helps.

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,788 Posts
Come on down to Marietta and visit DucShop....you can stay with me overnight and enjoy dinner and discussion.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I’m 6ft 185lbs and it fits me like a glove.

Seeing some good deals on used dragsters pop up and i've always loved the look of them. Sadly i'm 3-4 hours from any dealer so I can't jump on one to see how they fit me. I'm 6ft pretty athletic build with 32L pants. I know I fit on a rivale which is initially what I was going to get because they are an absolute blast, just want to confirm taller riders on these before I drive to go test one. I've had smaller friends tell me they were small for them.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I have exactly the same stats as you and I find my Dragster to be comfortable enough for 2 to 3 hours riding. Slight aches and pains after this time, but this could be down to being old and unfit >:)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Come on down to Marietta and visit DucShop....you can stay with me overnight and enjoy dinner and discussion.
+1 For making the trip down to Ducshop. Mark is great to work with and has loyal clients that have the old and new design dragster.

-Michael

·
Registered
627 Posts
Hi, excellent question. I have a 2018 Dragster RR, and I am five foot five, thirty inch inseam and yeah not too big. For me, the Dragster is a superb fit. I personally think for taller riders, up to six foot, it could work. Leg length is key perhaps. I find the geometry snug in the leg area. Seat, for me gives just enough room to move around, and it is comfortable for up to 3 hour rides.

Definitely find one to sit on before spending the money. Phenomenal bike. Huge fun. Very fast. Beautiful. Great handling.

Reactions: Black_Gold_Saw

·
Registered
9 Posts
I’m 6’7” and about 210 lb. The bike fits well, a bit small for my legs as to be expected but not small enough to be uncomfortable. I’ve done multiple 5+ hour day rides on it and am not hurting in the end. I’d say you shouldn’t have an issue with fitting.

·
Registered
210 Posts
2019 Dragster sits a good bit higher than the brutale and pegs are lower, I would say the 2019 Dragster would suit a larger guy better than both the brutale & F4, again the foot pegs sit lower and you tend to scrape your foot when cornering unless you tuck your feet right up (toes on pegs)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You're not mentioning which modelyear dragster, since 2018 there is a new shape.
Make it a nice daytrip ride, to and back from that dealer.

a 6 feet dude can say it feels nice and solid. While maybe you hate the position.
I've read & heard multiple people say the Dragster has a fix position. Shape makes you drop into the dip of the seat. (2015-2017) 2018+ seems to have a bit more space.
From 2018 onwards I think you can take the gamble on someone words. Way better seat.

Here: a sideview picture (2015 model). Maybe it helps.

It wouldn't be a brand new model, honestly would rather someone else take that depreciation hit >:)

·
Registered
130 Posts
6.1 ft and 192 pounds (without gears). avarage proportions
my 2015, RR

my 2 cents (and very personal) feedback:
the fit in the bike for someone my size is ok, asbolutely tolerable also after few hours of riding (occasionally over 10h in a day, during long distance touring)..
pegs are actually quite low (bad for ground clearance but helps with legs comfort)
anyway not ideal. main criticisms:
  • the seat just does not allow you enough movements when you start riding a little more sporty
  • in the past i sufferred a little from numbing of right hand due to the wrist angle and vibrations (improved by using bars fully open and relying more on core strengh)
newer generation is slightly more confortable due to seat construction and space (even if i like less the way my leg fit the tank but it could be matter of getting used to it)

ultimately it comes down to what Black_Gold_Saw said. Fitting on a bike it is a personal matter. You gotta try it. With a relative small sized bike as the Dragster I would not take chances.

@Saggysloth
mate! wow, just wow :D

·
Registered
75 Posts
It wouldn't be a brand new model, honestly would rather someone else take that depreciation hit >:)
If your still looking for Dragster you may want to check this one out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts