MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Just purchased a Dragster which i'm desperate for to arrive at the dealership (hopefully by end of month). Keep kicking myself for not buying the demo but know ill be happier when she finally arrives

Anyway one thing I want to get sorted prior to arrival is the tail tidy as we would call it here in uk.

Im in 2 minds,

1: Upper Tail - reroute the indicators and install a nice sized plate up under the tail

+ Exposes the 200 rear tyre in its fullness
- Looses a bit of the look of the naked tail on the dragster and looks a bit normal

2: Side arm - replace OEM with a Rizoma or such like ??

+ keeps the dragster look of naked tail
- Not 100% happy with the Rizoma current option, Arm looks great but the plate is so special as wanted to install a 7x5 plate

Are there other options to side arm mounts anyone know of ?????

If any of you have pics would be massivly appricated

thanks

Registered
1: Upper Tail - reroute the indicators and install a nice sized plate up under the tail
Congrats on your new bike. As far as tail tidy's, there is a growing faction of Dragster and Rivale owners looking for a solution like your #1. None out there yet. :cross:

Registered

Registered
Hi craig7, one thing to consider is the removal of the standard mudguard/plate holder and the fitting of a tucked under tail tidy will result in the bikes rear tyre producing a huge roostertail of shite and water which hits the rider and any pillion and can be quite a pain.

Recently rode my B800 in typical British summer and was caked with fine somerset mud, cow shite and other road crud, yes the short taily tidy and mini plate solution looks good but it does have some downsides.

jimboF4

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys ,

Yeah i'm not liking the RG version at all :hand:

Apprciate the food for thought with loosing the guard, I did figure it would be a bit of a sprayer but to be honest it will be tucked away unless that rare bulb in the sky has decided to turn its self on

At the moment i'm favouring the Rizoma arm with the short plate option. Bit rich but looks quality and it my first MV so she's gonna have the white glove treatment (for a while anyways) :D

If any of you guys spot or have any pics of your would be truly appreciated though

Registered

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Any body noticed the MV version within the brouchure of the dragster???

Cant find it anywhere online

Its the type by with wheel with no guard and different lights but can i find it on their site ??????

1 - 9 of 9 Posts