MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I have had the 2018 Dragster RR 800 since last August. We are finally back into spring, and I took the bike out for a long fast run today. All I can say: this bike just astounds me. So sharp, precise, beautiful and with character. Above about 9000 RPM, it becomes an Italian terror with the sound of an Angel. 90 mph in 3rd gear? Wow.

Hope we get a replacement dealer in Houston, TX USA this year. Otherwise in about a year, hoping no problems, I will need to find a mechanic that can do basic maintenance. I am hoping the reliability is there. I needed the stress reduction. 2019, so far, for me has been very difficult with the passing of my mother 12/31, and handling her estate, a lot of travel, a lot of time burned, and a very gloomy, wet, cold, overcast winter on the Gulf Coast. Spring, perhaps has finally come.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,851 Posts
Nice...let's see a side shot!

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why not... pix later. I am going to add the side tank grip pads, and also grip pads soon. I have done zero farkles on this bike except tank fill ring for small bag, and remove the passenger handles. Usually I customize bikes a bit.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I think we are all looking forward to getting out on our bikes. No question the Dragater is a beauty, MV is motorcycle art.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
@lucydad When you bought the tankring, did you ordered it online? I had to buy a Triumph 6 screw mounting kit.
While the website I was ordering from said I needed a 5 screw?!?!!

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Saw,

The tang ring and bag were leftover from my Triumpn 675 STRX. Fit was easy, although I had to file down just a hair of the ring so the MV tank lid would fully open. Hope that helps. I love the ring/removable bag duo on this bike as I always carry water and a few other items.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Saw,

The tang ring and bag were leftover from my Triumpn 675 STRX. Fit was easy, although I had to file down just a hair of the ring so the MV tank lid would fully open. Hope that helps. I love the ring/removable bag duo on this bike as I always carry water and a few other items.
Yep yep, exactly same for me.
Bottom right, inside of the tankring needed to be filed down.

Just wanted a confirmation from someone else. I took a visual on the Triumph Daytona 675 tank before ordering my tankring.
Seems like triumph and MV use the same rings.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I meant to post this for you sooner. I may have found a lead for an MV mechanic in Houston. I haven’t had the chance to call him yet, but he came recommended on a Bike Life Houston page. I emailed Monkey Moto and my sprag should be in this week. Hopefully, I’ll be riding soon. I’ll keep you posted.

Attachments

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
H_TX,

Much appreciated! As long as I can get maintenance I will be happy. Brian at (was Italian Superbikes) told me he still has all the MV diagnostic equipment, so if an issue occurs, hopefully sorting can happen. I plan on riding a lot this season. We will keep calm, and veloce.... on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts