MV Agusta Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Dragster RR
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I too sometimes feel that this world is fly by wire and I am still controlled by cable ...

·
Registered
Dragster RR
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Ok, I know most of us know this but. Just to clarify. I was sent the below response today from the people who make the MV tenders. The older one (photos at start of thread) will not work with lithium.

So the lithium one looks the same but has lithium on it!

--
Good morning dear client,

This product is for lead-acid batteries not for lithium, you need the charger called MV Agusta Lithium, specially created for lithium batteries; attached the photo of the correct product.

I remain to your disposal,

Have a good day.

Giada Dusi

Customer Service / Marketing Office

Forelettronica Srl - BC Battery Controller
--
Peripheral Input device Mouse Font Computer hardware

·
Old Wing Nut
23,290 Posts
Thank you for sharing that information @Freeride

·
Super Moderator
24,733 Posts
Every time I read one of these threads that states a specific lithium charger must be used it makes me wonder how the normal charging system in the bike can be effective.....

·
Old Wing Nut
23,290 Posts
Different situation. Regulated voltage with a demand present at the same time. Chargers work against a no load situation. AGM charger will work on Lithium but not optimally.
Even AGM batteries need a different charger than flooded cell (old school wet batteries. but the will all work to some extent.
My 2 newer NOCO chargers have a lithium mode as well as AGM and flooded cell

·
Registered
Dragster RR
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I think its a voltage thing and the bike puts out just enough for it to work. But leaving a charger or tender on for a long time is not so good.

I deal with battery’s or work and solar works okay with Lithium as well. I think it the maintenance part or long term charging that’s the problem on the bike.

I looked into the battery I have (Lithium) and its still sold by the MV dealer and states its okay to use on the bike.

Battery HJTZ10S-FP-WI Lithium ( YTZ10S ) | eBay

21 - 26 of 26 Posts