MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 Dragster 800RR
Am I the only one going through rear blinks on a yearly bases?
These things are garbage. My last one was covered under warranty but with less the 100 bikes sold in Canada, my dealer had over 10 on back order, I had to wait over 6 months for a left side one and now the right side one is gone too. In 1 1/2 years of ownership, the left side let go twice and the right side let go today. At at over $200.00 CND a piece, it is getting silly... Sorry, I had to vent.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Why dont you get a tail tidy for the dragster and mount some LED's? The OEM license plate holder and blinkers seem to be prone to get damaged.
Getting a tail tidy makes it look better aswell.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
If they're failing due to ingress of water then drilling a small hole (2mm) in the bottom of the black plastic part worked for me. From new the rears failed within 3 months, replacements filled with water the weekend after fitting on a wet ride. Didn't drain until I drilled them the following day. No problems since and now past the 2 year mark with my 2016 TVL.

Take care not to drill too deep, no guarantees...

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This bike never seen rain and I place plastic bags over the blinkers (ridiculous, I know) when washing it. I am looking at getting integrated blinkers with the brake lights.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts