MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning to make a special 'Agostini' tribute Dragster. I know this has been done with F3 and 4 so I have a source of inspiration.
The idea will be to do this with bolt on parts so that the bike can easily be returned to standard or near standard.
So I have a grey 2014 Dragster as the base model.
This is the inspiration for the colour scheme.

So far, I have sourced a second hand Brutale 800 tank and a set of official F4 Agostini decals.
Plan on getting spare rad covers etc to be sprayed silver and have a quote for a satin black ceramic finish to the silencer.
Probably will have to shell out for the 800RC seat to have the desired red/black scheme.

Pleased to hear any suggestion to make this 'right'.

·
Administrator
20,583 Posts
Sounds like an interesting project...Pics when done please !!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So,
Picked up a tank for £180

And a silencer for £160

and a set of F4 'Ago' decals from Aus.

Now balancing up the costs of body panel parts such as
Instrument Binnacle
Front Fender
Air intakes
Radiator fairing inner panel and exhaust panel
Hugger
Tail fairings
Sprocket cover

There is quite a lot of variation between new spares and carbon fibre add ons. For some, like the fairing inner panel, OEM spares are cheaper whereas binnacles are a lot cheaper in carbon. Whatever, the cost soon racks up over £600. Would obviously be happy to use second hand parts but they are very few on the ground and not much cheaper than new. Any forum users got parts they wish to sell?
I'm still undecided on the seat. I can get a non OEM cover for about £130

But still thinking about the red RC seat. Have not enquired about the cost but its probably £££!

Have got a quote for satin black ceramic finish on the silencer for £166 and am awaiting to hear back from Dream Machine about the tank repaint. I hope to be able to complete the transformation for about £1000.

·
Administrator
20,583 Posts
I want to see this bike when you are done!!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Managed to buy a second hand dragster seat off ebay and have got a good quote for a bespoke cover of red and black Alcantara with embroidered 'Ago' logo.
Just posted a list of body parts in the 'Wanted' section. To buy all the parts new would come to about £750 which bashes the budget a bit!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So the petrol tank got snagged in shipping!
No matter, found another tank, this time a proper Dragster tank. Scored that and the air intakes for £350 delivered so not too bad. Not too much more money than initial outlay.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quick mock up of tank and seat unit. Tank is in guide colours only. Going off for professional painting this week.

Attachments

·
2,156 Posts
Hey Z, well done so far :smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:and cant wait to see the finished bike :nerd2: cant have enough tributes to the great man 0:) he certainly liked my take on the F4R in his honour (plus signed it a couple of times!):jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm:

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Have been looking for a suitable flyscreen and saw this on a BMW R1200.
Managed to score one off ebay for £50.
Now adapting bracket to fit the D'ster.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Have been looking for a suitable registration plate and managed to find this one
GC - Giacomo
12 - World champ wins on MV
AGO - er....AGO!

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hopefully will have an update soon.
Long wait whilst parts were painted and then repainted coz they mucked up the first effort.
Anyway, these are the parts now awaiting delivery.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 48 Posts