MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any on got a CAD drawing of the rear tool you need to set the Sag or where I could buy one at a reasonable price. I’m in Canada. I know there is info on the forum but some of the references are old. Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link. It’s the tool that attaches to the bike to measure the amount of sag I’m looking for. Appreciate you taking the time on this.

·
Administrator
21,061 Posts
I wonder...is it the same as the older 4 cylinder bikes? A couple of people made copies of that tool....Noel "The Knurl" and Chris at X-Bikes that I know of. I have one of Noel's.

You might reach out to them, although I'm pretty sure they don't have any left for sale and are not likely to make more (no demand and production a hassle) but they may have drawings....if it's the same tool.

·
Super Moderator
23,090 Posts
I do not believe it is the same. The tool changed in 2010 and has probably changed again. The part numbers will tell the tale.

Reactions: esq'z me

·
Registered
14,737 Posts
?

Ed;
I never knew the dimensions, a friend mapped the tool in his CNC machining center, he sent the file to the laser cutters
in Fresno......I deburred them
I machined the 2 Delrin spuds
:wink2:

·
Registered
395 Posts
That's the tool to adjust the spring on rear shock. You just need a tape measure to meausre the sag.

There are a few good videos on YouTube on how to set sag.

Thanks for the link. It’s the tool that attaches to the bike to measure the amount of sag I’m looking for. Appreciate you taking the time on this.

·
Administrator
21,061 Posts
That's the tool to adjust the spring on rear shock. You just need a tape measure to meausre the sag.

There are a few good videos on YouTube on how to set sag.

It's not actually the "sag" that the special tool is for. It is rear ride height. When you adjust the chain, due to the rear hub eccentric, you alter the ride height of the chassis. The affects steering geometry.
The tool provides the reference points to adjust the ride height after chain adjustment.

Most minor chain adjustments don't have a lot of affect, but if you change sprockets you could make a big change that will have a dramatic affect on steering.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts