MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Tried to message the guys from Kineo but not getting a response.

I'd like to get the wheels done up in red to match the forks. Not the colour of the Lewis Hamilton wheels, which are a different shade, and cost about $10k for the set, which is stupid, and is just MV charging more to get people to buy the LH version.

Any idea what the colour code would be on the forks, or where I could get a set in that colour?

Appreciate any help!

·
Registered
361 Posts
I think your best bet would be to speak to Damien or David from MV Agusta Parramatta. They use a custom paint shop to touch up / repaint all their bikes - i'm sure the most cost effective would be to repaint the wheels in the red you want

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So Cutting Edge can't match the wheels either...because it's not paint! It's anodized.

They put me on to an anodizer in Sydney, but no guarantee they can match it either. We'll see!

·
Registered
311 Posts
So Cutting Edge can't match the wheels either...because it's not paint! It's anodized.

They put me on to an anodizer in Sydney, but no guarantee they can match it either. We'll see!
Wow if Pete @ Cutting Edge can't do it i'd have to say it can't be done :crying:

I think any anodizer will struggle to match the colour because it's a matt finish

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I've been told that the LH wheels are painted, not anodized. So Pete will be able to match the paint. It won't be exactly the same, but if you look close at the LH wheels in detail, the hub is a slightly different shade than the rim.

Now to decide on the white Dragster or the black one haha. That I still can't decide on! But I'm kinda leaning to the black one. Less of them on the road. See too many white ones.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
red white here, not a fan of the white wheels, interested to see how this pans out. keep us posted.

cheers

red
I thought about going red white and doing the wheels in red also, but that's too similar to the LH. So I think I'm pretty set on the red black now with the wheels done in the red.

Now to sell my Thruxton first haha.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Guys, sorry for a bit diff. topic - but does have anybody an experience with loose spike at real wheel on Dragster RR? I found today one spike loose .... it was after few km when had a break ... I've tightened it by my hand ... do you whink that is something serious and should be worried about?

·
Super Moderator
21,447 Posts
I will assume you mean "spoke". If you have any loose spokes, then there are likely more. I'd have them checked and tightened to spec and have the wheels checked for damage and "true".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts