MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to remove the front wheel from my Dragster and when removing the calipers, it doesn't seem to clear the rotor. The caliper makes contact with the rim before clearing the rotor. Are there any techniques or tricks that might help out with this?

·
Administrator
18,854 Posts
Push the pads back into the calipers a bit. That will let the caliper tilt slightly yielding more clearance. There is enough clearance there. They had to put them on you know.

·
Super Moderator
21,447 Posts
When you do what Ed says, I have found that you can accomplish the required spread of the pads by simply "twisting" the caliper (rolling the caliper toward the outside) and using the disc to do the spreading. Go slowly. Keep in mind that when you have one caliper removed, twisting the other caliper will move the pads in the removed caliper as it is a closed system. I have found it helpful to place a block in the removed caliper to maintain the gap for reinstallation.

You might also find it helpful to drape the caliper in a soft cloth before removal so that you don't damage your wheel rim finish.

·
Registered
14,212 Posts
?

When you do what Ed says, I have found that you can accomplish the required spread of the pads by simply "twisting" the caliper (rolling the caliper toward the outside) and using the disc to do the spreading. Go slowly. Keep in mind that when you have one caliper removed, twisting the other caliper will move the pads in the removed caliper as it is a closed system.
Psst.....
Service one caliper at a time

:grin2:

·
Super Moderator
21,447 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
I had a friend with similar calipers on his Ducati Monster and ran into the same issue. If the calipers are the same, you can remove the pads while they are still on the forks and that will give you a lot more clearance to remove.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts