MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Has anyone heard the zero exhaust, the hp corse, and the QD for the dragster 800rr? I have a 2017 and am looking to get one of these for it. I was also wondering if anyone has had issues with these either melting or rubbing their tires at all, since it looks like they end pretty close to the tires. Any input on these would be great.
thanks 馃檪

Registered
I have the QD, no issues with melting or rubbing the tyre however depending on what rearsets you use it can melt you boot, I just got used to riding with a different foot position.

One issue though, I have lost my middle baffle, seems if you don't keep a check on the tightness of the holding bolt they can work themselves out.

Overall happy, sounds good, too loud with all the baffles out so now I have 2 in and 1 out!

Registered
Slightly off topic, but with the QD Exhaust option, can you still fit the factory black heat shield? I am torn between the silver or black option. The black looks a little more stealth, but I do like the visual appeal of the silver with the visible welds, etc. but pretty raw.

Maybe the silver with the stock heat shield would be the ticket. Yes, I am overthinking this - its what I do.....

Registered
I've had both FM Project on my older dragster, and now a HP Corse Hydro Tre on my current one. I think the HP Corse sounds better, and I even have the doubled baffled version currently (which isn't what I ordered and am waiting for replacement).

-Michael

Registered
I've had both FM Project on my older dragster, and now a HP Corse Hydro Tre on my current one. I think the HP Corse sounds better, and I even have the doubled baffled version currently (which isn't what I ordered and am waiting for replacement).

-Michael
Hmmm...I was about to order, but was under the impression they have removeable dB killers - is that not the case? Also, just curious who you ordered from - I have had some conversations with Design Corse and they seem very helpful.

Registered
Hmmm...I was about to order, but was under the impression they have removeable dB killers - is that not the case? Also, just curious who you ordered from - I have had some conversations with Design Corse and they seem very helpful.
So I have a 2019 dragster which is the redesign. HP Corse wasn't advertising an exhaust for my model yet when I ordered through Design Corse.

Design Corse was able to get me one for the new model. HP Corse told Design Corse that I was getting the race exhaust (no internal baffling) with removable baffles at the tips.

What I got instead was fully baffled internally and at the tips (no removable). This was a mistake on HP Corse's end, and Design Corse has been amazing communicating with them and getting it resolved.

I am waiting for the new exhaust to come in, and will send this one back.

For the non-redesigned Dragster RR's (2018 and before), HP Corse offered 3 different options from what I saw when doing my research. One of which included removable baffles.

Hope this helps!

-Michael

Registered
I have the Silmoto on my 15 RR. Too loud for my old ears. Has anyone heard the Silmoto and the QD and if so, can you comment on the difference? Thanks.

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
I have the Silmoto on my 15 RR. Too loud for my old ears. Has anyone heard the Silmoto and the QD and if so, can you comment on the difference? Thanks.

I鈥檝e heard that people say the QD with all the baffles in is just a tad bit louder than stock.

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
I鈥檓 thinking that鈥檚 what I鈥檓 going to get, the racing with removable baffle tips.

Could you let us know how it sounds with them in/out when you get the correct one? Hopefully they get it sorted out for you soon!

So I have a 2019 dragster which is the redesign. HP Corse wasn't advertising an exhaust for my model yet when I ordered through Design Corse.

Design Corse was able to get me one for the new model. HP Corse told Design Corse that I was getting the race exhaust (no internal baffling) with removable baffles at the tips.

What I got instead was fully baffled internally and at the tips (no removable). This was a mistake on HP Corse's end, and Design Corse has been amazing communicating with them and getting it resolved.

I am waiting for the new exhaust to come in, and will send this one back.

For the non-redesigned Dragster RR's (2018 and before), HP Corse offered 3 different options from what I saw when doing my research. One of which included removable baffles.

Hope this helps!

-Michael

Registered
I鈥檓 thinking that鈥檚 what I鈥檓 going to get, the racing with removable baffle tips.

Could you let us know how it sounds with them in/out when you get the correct one? Hopefully they get it sorted out for you soon!
Sure will do!

I may even do a comparison video with the current pipe and the new one (with baffles in and out).

I'll keep you posted.

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
I ended up buying the QD for my bike, it comes on Friday!!

Quick question for whoever has one on their bike. Is a tune needed to run it with the dB killers out?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts