MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
We reused the original tail light and indicators. The tail tidy was from www.bikeit.co.uk (purchased via The Sports Bike Shop), cut down and bolted to the centre plastic shroud (photo's 2 & 3). The cables were disconnected under the swing arm and re-routed to and reconnected under the seat.

We are now looking for 2 shorter bolts, to replace the original longer bolts, that held the number plate rap around to the swing arm.

·
Super Moderator
22,306 Posts
Just get the F3 swingarm bolts.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Why don't you get Titanium Grade 5 bolts?

Size is M12 x 1,25 x 50 mm DIN 912.

Got them online for less than 30 € delivered from a bicycle tuning store.

And don't torque them more than 20 Nm to Noel's advice ;) .

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WARNING.............after now trying out the bike with the number plate in this position (as shown in previos photographs), the numbe plate is too low and the rear trye will hit the plate on bumpy roads.

Now fabricating 'plan B'. Unfortunatley the number plate will now be located just under the bottom of the seat, covering some of the tail light. Does not look half as good as 'plan A', but there will be no chance of the back tyre hitting the number plate. I will post photographs, once completed.

·
Super Moderator
22,306 Posts
Funny how the engineered device takes this into consideration....along with world-wide local laws about where plates need to be.....

·
Registered
25 Posts
man I had gotten excited as I do not want to cover up the tail. Can you just make that plate angle a bit more extreme and avoid hitting it? Or simply angle it the opposite way (so the bottom of the plate is angled towards the rear fender). That should clear it. This is how my wifes tail tidy worked on her gsxr.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
man I had gotten excited as I do not want to cover up the tail. Can you just make that plate angle a bit more extreme and avoid hitting it? Or simply angle it the opposite way (so the bottom of the plate is angled towards the rear fender). That should clear it. This is how my wifes tail tidy worked on her gsxr.
Yes is the answer to your questions, but it makes the plate unreadable (and a Police magnet IMO).

To be fair, it looks much better over the rear tail light, than I thought it would. Once I have tested it fully and I am confident that it all works OK, I will post pictures and then you can let me know what you think.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes is the answer to your questions, but it makes the plate unreadable (and a Police magnet IMO).

To be fair, it looks much better over the rear tail light, than I thought it would. Once I have tested it fully and I am confident that it all works OK, I will post pictures and then you can let me know what you think.
I mean i'm not talking such an extreme angle you can't read it...my wifes plate read just fine. But kudos for finding a solution, curious to see the outcome!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi XPARAUK,

Thanks for your post and images. It's a shame that there's interference / that there's a rub... what a clean installation / look / nice work! Good luck with finding the correct balance, and thanks in advance for sharing the completion images with everyone.

Most Dragster Fans seem to favor the elimination of its cantilevered mudguard / installation of a tidy tail. 'Tis hard to believe (having put fender eliminators on all other bikes), I actually like the 'arm' (to me, it's part of its character... with no obstruction, it allows visual access to the underside of that beautifully sculpted tail section). How sad, eh? Ho ho!

(The two attached images are of the configuration I used.)

Yours, with appreciative regards,
M Squared

Attachments

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Hello M

Good to hear from you.

Oh dear and you have such a perfect space, in between your tail lights, to put a number plate and then show off your lovely large rear tyre. He he..... only joking, she looks beutiful

Cheers

X (by the way, that is not a kiss)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I too wanted to show off the rear tyre so I mounted mine under the seat between the rear tail lights on my 2018 Dragster RR. I made the bracket up myself from some 3mm aluminum plate and used the existing indicators and brought some bolts with LED's to illuminate the plate. I originally had it under the tail lights but was too close to rubbing on the tyre. I'm happy with the end result and the bike turns heads whereever i go.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
On the subject of tail tidy's that are available, I do find that for an attractive brand of bike some of the tail tidy's are really bad. have you seen the R&G for the SC Project on the F4, its basically jubilee clips (other makes of hose clips are available).

I found the plod in Cambridgeshire (lived there till recently) ok when it came to number plate position within reason. I had a couple of roadstock racebikes that I used to take out to test before a race weekend, they were always fine, so long as the letters were the right size and correctly spaced. ANPR (Automatic number plate recognition) works better with a slightly obscured plate than with small and strange fonts, so they said anyway.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Why don't you get Titanium Grade 5 bolts?

Size is M12 x 1,25 x 50 mm DIN 912.

Got them online for less than 30 € delivered from a bicycle tuning store.

And don't torque them more than 20 Nm to Noel's advice ;) .

You should get them easily online in the US, too

·
Registered
210 Posts
The GF's bike was delivered yesterday and look what we have done;
what size is your plate 7"x5" or full size?

good job, I had same intention to do same with mine when it arrives, will be keeping a close eye on your thread, appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
22,306 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
what size is your plate 7"x5" or full size?

good job, I had same intention to do same with mine when it arrives, will be keeping a close eye on your thread, appreciated.

You hit the nail on the head....7"x5"

·
Registered
178 Posts
The GF's bike was delivered yesterday and look what we have done;
Any chance you have a picture or could tell me what the stock connector looks like for the license plate light?

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts