MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So another trip to the Dragon this holiday weekend with the Brut. Just shy of 5000 miles on her now. Great riding, great roads, and a great bike! Pictures and some pretty unique video to follow... but for now

Problems,
1. Tank is now showing the tell tale signs of expansion. Cracks at one the seams on both sides.
2. Right hand Mirror turn signal cover (clear plastic piece) fell out while riding. I was able to recover it but not in good condition.

So Im going to be calling Chad at Commonwealth tomorrow. Any tips on navigating this gas tank thing? Or getting the new tank sealed? Any recent experience of people that have been through it would be greatly appreciated. It has been a blast to ride but Im starting to get a little frustrated with the amount of warranty work I've needed to get done. Thanks in advance to all!

·
Registered
357 Posts
If you don't find a good experience at commonwealth hit up Evansville Superbike shop. They have a superb staff and Alex and Gary are class act people as well as their service head Travis. They have a very close and fast relationship with MV and everything I order and get is fast from Italy.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Any update? I noticed the small cracks in the seams on both sides of my tank and didn't think much of it until I saw some other Brutale tank threads.

I called an Atlanta dealer about it who promptly said MV stopped replacing tanks last February.

·
Old Wing Nut
22,170 Posts
Must have talked to the BMW dealer. Did you call European Motorsports in Dahlonega?

·
Registered
485 Posts
You nailed it Ed. I'm going to try European today since they were closed yesterday

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I emailed Chad at commonwealth pictures of everything. He's always been great about raking care of these kinda issues. Waiting to hear back. He has done a number these already and in his words "if you plan on keeping the bike a while get the new tank sealed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts