MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
out of curiosity, i am wondering how many people
here are dragging their elbows on the MV.

probably this mainly concerns people doing regular
track days, but i may be mistaken.

(side comment: i did my first elbow dragging just recently
in the Omega corner in brno. all the previous elbow
draggins, have not been planned and had the side effect of
me no longer sitting on the bike)

·
Registered
988 Posts
I reckon if I consciously shifted my upper body across far enough, I could get my elbow down on my favourite left hand corner (turn 3 Morgan Park).

The thing is, I wouldn't compromise my control of the bike just to do it. I wouldn't purposely hang off loose just to do it. For me, it would guarantee a slower, more unsafe corner exit. Could I practice getting my upper body across like Scott Redding in Moto2 and get my elbow down, sure.

But it would have to be a consequence of a more total rider technique strategy, for it to have any meaning, other than show off value.

But hey, if it works for you HansPeter, great :yo:

here's a 12 year old kid doing it;
http://rideapart.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Peter-Lenz-599x406.jpg

but then again he is 9 time US National Champion Peter Lenz

RIP Peter
RIP Peter. So young.......

One of my BIGGEST fears, being hit by another bike.........

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Has it improved your laptimes firedancer?
i trying to improve my riding position after some advise from a instructor: move the head further down and sideways, as if you are
ready to take a bite out of the end of the clip-ons. then, the upper body
will follow. like perfectly illustrated in the picture from knurl. this improved greatly my lap times. the elbow dragging was only a side
effect of the improved riding position.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
have not done it for a long time and I can reassure you it will not improve lap times

I managed to get my elbow down , my knee down , even got the lid draggin also my arse legs back front almost every inch of me plus the bike went in the other direction

I would worry more about getting around the corner, than putting all your brain cells working on what part of your body you can get draggin

cemetery is full of tryhard's

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Those of you that are speaking seriously about this topic ride motorcycles in a fashion with which I am not familiar........:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts