MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
I use a pair of black draggin jeans cargo pants. I like them because they look like normal cargo pants. They're also very comfortable to wear. I use them religiously on the road - they won't protect you like leathers will, I have come off before and my knees have been scraped (but not badly, had I not been wearing the draggins then it would have been a LOT worse).

You can't get armour for them. I suppose you could wear your own knee pads or some such under them though.

All in all definitely recommended if you don't want to wear leather on the road (who does...)

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I crashed with a pair on back in 2002. It was a 40mph ordeal when a BMW X5 got in my way. I slided on my knees and roll around a few times. The only damage to the Draggin jeans were oil marks where my knees were sliding on the ground. After a wash, the spots were gone. I did get scrapes on my knee caps from fricton between the jeans and my skin. I think the armor that company sells would have prevented that: http://www.dragginjeans.com.au/products/armour/kneeShin.htm

Also, these Kelvar jeans can feel a little heavy and hot when it's warm out.

·
Administrator
18,853 Posts
I have a pair...I wear them when I don't want to suit up in leather for a short ride around the neighborhood, or when I ride a cruiser or other low performance bike. They fit me pretty good, and look like ordinary jeans except for the extra sticthing where the kevlar panels are. They are a bit heavier then normal jeans. Haven't really noticed heat issues....yet.
Hope I never have to test them, but I feel much more protected then in plain Levi's.

·
Registered
349 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
The guy being dragged behind the bike in that marketing stunt must have been wearing additional protection or he'd have no arse left. Me and buddy wondered what would happen if you got your knee down to test the protection. So I did on a smooth as piece of hot mix at about 80kph or so. To my suprise my skin felt it instantly! as a good size hole was worn through. Am i expecting too much? Aside from this the cargo style are comfortable & fit well.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I think you could be right Allan but in my case it was much less weight concenrated over a smaller area so I'd still be skeptical

·
Registered
319 Posts
I have a pair...I wear them when I don't want to suit up in leather for a short ride around the neighborhood, or when I ride a cruiser or other low performance bike. They fit me pretty good, and look like ordinary jeans except for the extra sticthing where the kevlar panels are. They are a bit heavier then normal jeans. Haven't really noticed heat issues....yet.
Hope I never have to test them, but I feel much more protected then in plain Levi's.
+1

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
I started wearing the MX knee armor when I wear Draggin. These are the ones that velcro around the calf.....

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
I have two pairs of jeans and two pairs of cargo pants. I don't ever ride without wearing them anymore...unless I'm wearing my leathers.

I've seen how long regular demin lasts sliding along the road (about 0.6 of a second apparantly) and the resulting road rash, so I have no interest in riding a bike without Draggins.

Great product and they do a few lower cut styles these days :)

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts

is that for girls showing some hip or for plumber's crack?
:wtf: :jsm::jsm:

·
Registered
756 Posts
I have two pairs of jeans and two pairs of cargo pants. I don't ever ride without wearing them anymore...unless I'm wearing my leathers.

I've seen how long regular demin lasts sliding along the road (about 0.6 of a second apparantly) and the resulting road rash, so I have no interest in riding a bike without Draggins.

whr to get the cargo pants ??? whr did you buy them ??

1 - 16 of 16 Posts