MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Probably a decent option, though he will never be a championship contender! I'd try and lure Stoner with a $20 million plus' contract with minimal PR duties.. (be nice guys, I can dream lol)

·
King of Bling
9,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I see Dovi as a class act and given the right bike he can win races..

I suspect Ducati could once again become a proper contender in the next 2 years, as Audi expect results and with the new management team on board the only way is up ( they certainly can't do any worst than the last 3 years)..

I really would like to see Stoner return to Honda in 2015 and improve the entertainment factor so desperately needed in Moto GP..

Possible 2015 dream line up:

Honda : Marc + Stoner
Yamaha: Jorge + Aleix Espargaro ( Managed by Rossi).
Ducati: Dovi + Bradl
Tech 3 : Crutchlow + Smith
Slowsuki: Bradl + Redding
LCR Honda : Pedrosa + Pol Espargaro
Primac: Iannone + Bautista

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Possible 2015 dream line up:

Honda : Marc + Stoner
Yamaha: Jorge + Aleix Espargaro ( Managed by Rossi).
Ducati: Dovi + Bradl
Tech 3 : Crutchlow + Smith
Slowsuki: Bradl + Redding
LCR Honda : Pedrosa + Pol Espargaro
Primac: Iannone + Bautista

Uuhhmmm...my thoughts:

* I am sorry to say that but I don't see Stoner coming back as long as Marquez is racing

* Jorge will never race for a team managed/owned by Rossi

* Bradl might be a bit exhausted by having to race on two bikes at the same time :)

* I see Pedrosa rather leaving than getting on a non-factory bike

·
Administrator
19,554 Posts
"Slowsuki"????? Forgotten all those championships and dominating performances of the not so distant past? :wtf:
I don't think they plan to be "slow" when they return to racing MotoGP.

Hope to see a top rider on the team....that is the plan according to Brivio.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
The Slowskys

'nough said:

slowsky.jpg

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
Honda issues Blake ?
For some reason, I've long had an unreasonable bias against the H-company. Even though I like a scattering of their bikes through the decades, I view them as the Toyota of the motorcycle industry.

They're the company that could have changed the world with innovation. Flashes of brilliant ingenuity, but ususally we've gotten clinical competence with no soul.

No RC211 for the street. But tiny Ducati did it with the Desmo. A short heritage of incredible 90º V-Fours, with no modern follow-on. Many highlights, but with a constant flow of restrained products as appliances.

Yes, I think I have Honda issues, and they're likely unwarranted. Maybe if we get a new V4 Superbike and a few other things...

Having Marquez riding like this without pouting and posturing like Pedrosa helps.

·
Administrator
19,554 Posts
Slowsuki is my pet name for all Suzuki's

Same as Trumpet is Triumph and Crapasaki is Kawasaki..

I haven't got one for Honda !

Yeah...I know.....Hardley-Ableson, Beezers, Yamadogs, Ducks,....

Honda is the UJM..so bland there is no way to give it a nickname....kind of like vanilla pudding.

I'm just hoping they aren't slow when they return to factory racing. Even the WSBK team is just minor support, not full factory.

Next year !!!:smoking:

·
King of Bling
9,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Blake.. It's worth bearing in mind that without the influence of the Honda NR750 design, the much admired iconic 916 wouldn’t have turned out like it did.. The NR750 design features subsequently changed the way Ducati designed their twin headlight/Twin High Level exhaust silencer motorcycles.

Ed.. It's great to see another motorcycle manufacturer enter the Moto GP arena, but Slowsuki have a massive mountain to climb if they're to compete with Honda and Yamaha..

It’s already obvious that Yamaha are struggling to keep up with Honda and it’s only going to get harder, as Honda have a larger budget to spend on motorsport than all of the other teams put together..

It’s not a fair playing field and Suzuki is going to have to pull the preverbal rabbit out of the magic hat if they're going to compete at the front with the other big teams..

I wish them luck and if they manage to get a few podium positions in the next few years, it will hopefully give other manufacturers the encouragement to joint Moto GP.

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
Blake.. It's worth bearing in mind that without the influence of the Honda NR750 design, the much admired iconic 916 wouldn’t have turned out like it did.. The NR750 design features subsequently changed the way Ducati designed their twin headlight/Twin High Level exhaust silencer motorcycles.
Yes, that's the most maddening thing about it all. Honda has been a key innovator in so many ways at various times. Yet they always end up too mainstream in their overall product lineup.

All will be forgiven if they'll finally give us a reprise of the RC30 and RC45, with a 90º V-Four racetrack refugee. Desmosedici meets 1199 Superleggera in one H-bike for public showrooms under $50K.

·
King of Bling
9,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes, that's the most maddening thing about it all. Honda has been a key innovator in so many ways at various times. Yet they always end up too mainstream in their overall product lineup.

All will be forgiven if they'll finally give us a reprise of the RC30 and RC45, with a 90º V-Four racetrack refugee. Desmosedici meets 1199 Superleggera in one H-bike for public showrooms under $50K.
Yep... An all new RC30/45 for the twenty first century :yo:

·
Registered
181 Posts

I think I know what you mean, guess which one of these two they didn't release.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
That will only make him faster......
Good one Dons!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts