MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 910 w/1,300 miles now. Since new, engaging sixth gear often involves a "double click", meaning the gear goes in, but you feel a resistance/notchiness. Doesn't happen all the time, and usually not if the shift is quickly "nailed", but it is still happening and not getting noticably better with mileage. Has anyone experienced this?
P.S. It's not me, I've been riding for 40 years, mostly Italian, and currently also own, among others, an Aprlia Falco, Benelli 250 and my original Ducati 750GT.
At first service, it was suggested that I put more miles on (which I agreed to). All other gears engage well. Advice appreciated.

·
Registered
735 Posts
ya i've noticed a sometimes delayed 6th gear engagement. I thought it was perhaps my technique :wtf: , as I had trouble w/the shifter position I think I've fixed.

·
Registered
438 Posts
it happens on my SPR sometimes going into 3rd from 2nd. i never had this problem with my ducati....maybe i need to adjust the footpegs??

·
Registered
798 Posts
I do find that some gears are notchier than others, but never require a double click. The only problem I have with 6th is that I always find myself grabbing for one more gear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts