MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer said no but i read in a mc magasin that it was fitted with the bosch 9 plus abs system and that it had that.:f4:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

·
Registered
639 Posts
The new ABS system is indeed fitted with wheelie-control !!!

It's called "your right hand" ;)

·
Registered
845 Posts
My dealer said no but i read in a mc magasin that it was fitted with the bosch 9 plus abs system and that it had that.:f4:
Yes it does, it's called Rear-wheel Lift Mitigation. It's a wheelie control system for the rear wheel. Part of the ABS system. It prevents this. :brutale: But allows this. :f4:

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I think some bikes like the BMW's have actual selectable wheelie control, others like the Ducati's have traction control systems that work by monitoring front and rear wheel speeds and by comparing differences in wheel speeds it decides if the rear wheel is spinning faster than the front and cuts the power, obviously having the front wheel 2ft in the air confuses the TC into thinking you've lost traction. My mate can't pull a wheelie on his 1199 with the TC being set above 3, his bruised nuts are testament to that :laughing:

As MV's TC doesn't monitor front wheel speed i'd say no it doesn't have wheelie control.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I have managed it (purely unintentionally you understand ;) ), so I would say no - it doesn't have wheelie control.

Loving every minute, booked in for 1st service now after doing 500 miles over the weekend :D

·
Registered
101 Posts
Wish we can turn of ABS on the back wheel though.
Anyone has a suggestion or done something like that?
Cheers.

·
Super Moderator
22,073 Posts
Wish we can turn of ABS on the back wheel though.
Anyone has a suggestion or done something like that?
Cheers.
Why, what do you do with the back brake ?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I use the back brake all the time with the front brake and i like to slide the back a bit, so with the ABS it is engaged every time even if i don't intend to slide it because of weight transfer so the wheel has very little friction, so the back wheel is wobbling, on off, and preventing me turning in easily... It is just how i ride, so either try to turn it off or not use it anymore.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts