MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After having the Tambo for a week, and being busy on other bikes, I decided to roll it out and fiddle with it yesterday. Came with a nice little rear stand which is rather awkward to use when single handing. I checked the kickstand down and fwd, put a foot against the stand and started rocking it forward. Up and over the stand she came with nary a hitch. So I let it go over onto the kickstand. You know what's coming, wait for it, wait- It's now over at a pretty good angle but I knew that the stand was at a rather sharp angle so ease her on over, a little more, boy this thing's getting a little heavy, where's that damned kickstand, and then in a split second comes the realization that it's gone too far, and I can't stop it. Too late for that so now hang on and please Lord don't let it go down hard. I feel the right side of my back go but T.S. save the BIKE and screw the back. And slowly but sure down she goes. Elizabeth Taylor in CF and gold laying there on the floor. F#$% S*&*. Stand there staring in disbelief and try to get it back up. Just exactly where does one grab something that is all rounded and smooth and covered with CF panels? Holler for my wife (105 lbs- oughta be a big help), more S&*^ F#[email protected] and somehow we got it back up, my trashed back notwithstanding. You ready for this? Not a scratch or ding anywhere. Must have rested on the bar end and footpeg plus it went down slow. Just ask my aforementioned back. My good deed box is definitely empty now. All used up for this one.

I think what happened is that in the process of rocking the bike off that worthless little rear stand the kickstand must have touched and moved aft enough to overcenter it to the rear and it simply folded up. Rest assured I'll straighten that situation out as the stand is touchy to begin with and allows the bike to lean over at a terrible angle. Fortunately my rear stand for the Duc 1098 fits the MV exactly so I won't have to buy another.

If you're going to comment I would much prefer that you laugh and call me a moron as opposed to the usual "bummer", "sorry to hear that" etc. After all it is funny, after the fact.

Lee

P.S. John, I'm sorry. Your sweetie is just fine.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Lee,

Not to be brutal, but when I read the title your name came to mind. But seeing that you have already nominated yourself, I am GLAD no harm was done to your mistress.

Bag the rear stand it comes with and get a PITBULL.

I wish you better luck in the future.

Peter

·
Registered
520 Posts
lee said:
If you're going to comment I would much prefer that you laugh and call me a moron as opposed to the usual "bummer", "sorry to hear that" etc. After all it is funny, after the fact.

Lee

P.S. John, I'm sorry. Your sweetie is just fine.
:laughing: ya moron!!........bummer though....... :shitfan: .....sorry to hear that!!!! :later:
Tont ;)

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
lee said:
If you're going to comment I would much prefer that you laugh and call me a moron.....
Wait a minute....you are the owner of a Tambo, right? You're not a moron. Like most of us, I'm just envious....:)

The undeniable fact about motorcycles, and riding motorcycles, is that they occasionally fall down. As for me, I understand this, accept this, and don't sweat the small stuff. Enjoy your scoot!

Again, you are not a moron.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Randy is wrong, you're a moron.:)

There are threads about how to take the bike off the stand, but I really don't agree with any of the processes that don't involve holding the bike by the 'BARS ideally with fingers resting on the brake...just seems obvious to me.

Getting it off is easy, back on more difficult imo. Take Reopropf's advice and buy a Pitbull...I did...best money I have spent on the MV.:smoking:

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
The trick with using the stand by yourself is to wind the steering dampener to full hard. This stops the bike from trying to steer itself when using the rear stand.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Broms said:
Randy is wrong, you're a moron.:)

:smoking:
Craig: You're just pissed because he's got a Tambo, and you've got a Senna. Is it 'penis envy' or what? :stickpoke Just kiddin, mate. :)

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
hahaha...you're right this time RT...I want a Tambo !!

Lee is not a Moron, I was kidding of course.

Accidents happen. One time I pushed a Harley over by inserting my key into a side mounted ignition switch. Right in front of a cafe full of peeps having their Sunday morning coffee...:wtf: Bad combination: Lowered bike, long stand, sloping pavement....I was a moron.

But I stick by what I say about removing the bike from the stand...hold on to the 'bars.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
As I was reading your post, I was saying over and over "noooo! Noooooo! NOOOOO!!!".... till I got to the end. Sorry to hear of your accident, but glad the 2 of you came out of it relatively unscathed. A lesson I'm sure not to be repeated again.

This thread reminds me to tell you that there have been quite a few reports of loose kickstand bolts... please check and tighten them if needed. I know they were not an issue in this case, but you might as well take a second to inspect them so that another kickstand story doesn't appear from you in the future!

+100 on the Pitbull stand .... best 260.00 I've spent in a while ... :f4:

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Thank You for sharing the Story of the fallen Tambo. Mistakes are there to be made. Sad it happened to a Tamburini. I had to pick up my F4S's also already twice, once in the Alps, once run over by a Porsche at a Stop Sign. I can asure You even that hurted at the time and especially the wallet. But she will look pretty again, no worries !

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
You are not a moron, just human.

I had the same thing happen, but it idled off the side stand. It is a sickening feeling. Yes the rear stand is awkward but I am OK with it now.

Glad to hear of no damage, I was getting sick just reading it!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts