MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
19,517 Posts
Why single out Coke?
And why, after 100 + years of Coca-Cola in the marketplace, is obesity just now becoming a problem? Lack of exercise, plain and simple.

I have this strange feeling that video was made by PepsiCo .....Did you notice they included a shot if Dasani Water in the montage? That's Coca-Cola's bottled water....pretty sure that product isn't a cause for illness.

But I am an Atlantan by birth and have a predisposition to be favorable to Coca-Cola, especially considering the many philanthropic things the original owner did for the city, state, country and world.

All that said, I don't drink sodas. Some sports drinks, but not much in the way of soda.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I will have to disagree with you there Ade. That is a targeted, negative campaign by persons with their own agenda. What about Pepsi or all those "energy" drink company's products? Are they some how exempt from causing the same problems even though those items also contain the same, harmful when taken in excess, ingredients????

·
King of Bling
9,817 Posts

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Mmmmm....soda pop! I love it but generally limit myself to one a day.

My grandpa used to drink 12 regular Pepsis a day.....lived to be 90, and never
Had a weight problem or any major health issues (except insomnia!). Of course
He had an active job which helps.

Regarding diets sodas, aspartame is around 300 times as sweet as regular sugar,
As a result, there is very little in a can of diet pop. You would have to drink ALOT
of Diet Cokes to do any harm.

Ed is right....the main problem is lack of exercise, not soda pop. Also IMO people
Eat out waaaaay too much and this contributes to the problem.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Pathetic. People always want someone else or something else to blame but themselves.
:yo: Been saying this for years. Hopefully it will catch on.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Ed

Here in the UK we had a different experience with Dasani bottled water..
I'm not a big pop person but I do think those who habitually buy bottled water are a special kind of stupid to begin with (with the caveat that they have access to reliable/safe municipal water sources, hurricane not withstanding).

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Unbelievable!!

Got any ads on the detrimental effects of alcohol to share Ade?

I can find some if you don't.

Please be my guest, go ahead and fill your boots! It was obviously a tongue in cheek take the piss advert for fuck sake! If you can't see that without taking it seriously you honestly need to get a life!!

And the precise point you are trying to make with that particular remark is David?

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
I googled the subject. It appears that Coke did have a short campaign a couple of years back seeking to mitigate potential political backlash against sugar drinks and their contribution to obesity. They did do a two minute commercial that was played on cable television. This was, in part, a response to the Obama administration's suggestion of an excise tax on sugar drinks in order to pay for parts of Obama Care.

I saw snippets of the tv ad, but couldn't find it in it's entirety.

My guess is someone hijacked the "official" ad and heavily spun it against Coke. I don't drink full sugar Coke, even though I do love the taste. I drink Pepsi Max, and Coke Zero. In contrast, there is a move afoot to import from Mexico, Coke and Pepsi made from real cane sugar. I've had a couple of those and they taste great.

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My guess is someone hijacked the "official" ad and heavily spun it against Coke.
I had that worked out within about 15 seconds of watching the advert Randy......... that was what was so bloody funny!!

I was just thinking that its a good job the thread wasn't about cocaine, as I'd have had the whole Medellin drug cartel feeling offended :jsm:

·
Super Moderator
22,065 Posts
I'd rather consume pure sugar over consuming High Fructose Corn Syrup or chemical sweeteners any day.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts