MV Agusta Forum banner

21 - 40 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Beat me to it - Heres my pic anyways.......again, so easy a cave man could do it. Additionally, you can see why the gauges arent evenly lit. Theres some light pipes in there. You can see the cover for the digital portion is held onto the PCB by metal that been twisted. You can untwist this metal to get to the light pipes if you wanted.

Remove the 2 3mm hex bolts (1 not shown) and the 1 8mm Hex Bolt from behind the dash. Then slide the rubber boot back to reveal the e-connector. Its clipped so all you have to do press the level on the back side to release and pull the connector off. Then kinda shimmy the dash out of the rubber post.

Undo these 7 screws then the plastic just lifts off the electronics.

The unscrew these wedge bulbs- Theyre quarter turn sockets. The smaller one might require a little prying to get out.

·
Registered
14,685 Posts
LED dash?

why dick around? go with Joe's solution to the problem......i fixed his rear hub, he did my dash in 1/3rd the time :drummer:

·
Registered
276 Posts
why dick around? go with Joe's solution to the problem......i fixed his rear hub, he did my dash in 1/3rd the time :drummer:
In 1/3 the time as what?

I would go with MV2s solution if I could justify spending that much money on lighting. Im already spending too much on the necessities.

Im sure his solution his great - just not for me.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Can you do this mod on 2011 Brutale's . I really don't like the orange clocks .

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
You can, but you need to be highly skilled at soldering SMD components. Not for the faint of heart! You also need to be very quick with the soldering iron because anything more than 3 seconds of heat on the tiny led's and they fry.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
You can, but you need to be highly skilled at soldering SMD components. Not for the faint of heart! You also need to be very quick with the soldering iron because anything more than 3 seconds of heat on the tiny led's and they fry.
Thanks
I think I'll give it a miss then .

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Blue dash leds at night

Red headlight housing bulbs
Pretty sure it's illegal to have any forward facing lights in red, over here at least, unless your bike serves as a cop car too :naughty:.

Why would you want to do that in any case ?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Pretty sure it's illegal to have any forward facing lights in red, over here at least, unless your bike serves as a cop car too :naughty:.

Why would you want to do that in any case ?
Yeah I know its illegal. I'll be honest. I didnt think they would be that bright. Im going to switch them out for Amber. I just thought a not so bright reddish tint in the lense would be neat looking on the bike.

The lighting laws are a little rediculous though. I see motorcycles driving around all the time with their headlight and tail lights blinking when the law clearly states no flashing or oscillating lights unless youre an emergency vehicle or a service vehicle in service.

·
King of Bling
9,829 Posts
You get what you pay for in life.. Quality some times costs more.

Hey Joe,

Please can you post some pictures and info of your handy work mate..

Once people see the actual pictures of these bulb holder assemblies, then they can appreciate the time and effort you have put into making these LED custom kits..

Is there any specific details given about the bulbs "life time usage" by the components supplier ?

Cheers
John

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Yeah as I've just bought 2x t3 and 2x t5 super bright LEDs in red for wait for it wait for it £3.98 including p&p so job done for less the £5 and got spares too. SORTED I say

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Yeah as I've just bought 2x t3 and 2x t5 super bright LEDs in red for wait for it wait for it £3.98 including p&p so job done for less the £5 and got spares too. SORTED I say
Wow....where'd you get them?? Got a link cause that's very cheap and I'd be interested in a set ..in 'blue'. Cheers Brian

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Hey Joe,
To access and remove the tacho can it be done by just removing the windshield, or does the full fairing need to come off?

21 - 40 of 85 Posts