MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone is intrested, pm me. Ill post pics soon of my own that I did on my brutale, made it white led. Looks gorgeous, pics tommorow.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Just so everyone knows and hasnt searched for it - I swapped the incadesents over to LED in my instrument panel last night. Its so easy it doesnt deserve a write up but I can do one anyways if anyone want.

All you need is Qty:1 - T3 Wedge and Qty:1 - T5 Wedge. No soldering required

You buy these from http://www.v-leds.com/ or maybe a forum sponsor has them?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Can some one put some pics up on doing this as I've wanted to do it for ages jus didn't think it be easy cheers guys

·
Jason + Stanley Knife + D.I.Y = Casualty and
1,061 Posts
i put blue leds in mine looks dark but kinda cool i'm happy
i'll post pics tomorrow

·
Registered
7,831 Posts
So is it as simple as opening up the unit and replacing with LED bulbs?

·
Registered
986 Posts
i put blue leds in mine looks dark but kinda cool i'm happy
i'll post pics tomorrow
How did you do it then Jas', did you just replace the normal bulbs with led ones or was there additional flux capacitors etc etc

·
Registered
7,831 Posts
Just so everyone knows and hasnt searched for it - I swapped the incadesents over to LED in my instrument panel last night. Its so easy it doesnt deserve a write up but I can do one anyways if anyone want.

All you need is Qty:1 - T3 Wedge and Qty:1 - T5 Wedge. No soldering required

You buy these from http://www.v-leds.com/ or maybe a forum sponsor has them?
So is this one of the bulbs you are talking about? Can these be purchased from any auto part store or do we need to get them from this site?

http://www.v-leds.com/Interior-LED-...te-LED/SMT-HIGH-POWER-WHITE-p7688466-1-2.html

·
Registered
7,831 Posts
Could not resist. You know me and mods:blah:.

Here are some pics of the back of the unit
The inside of the unit
And the stock bulbs.

Now to just get some replacement LED bulbs. To get the unit off all I needed was to remove the windscreen. One 8mm wrench and a small allen wrench not sure of the size.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,836 Posts
Andrew, you need some of those Holographic Projector Bulbs so that you can have an image of Mellissa "Black-Bikini" dancing above your fuel tank....:mouthwate

Oh, hell, then you'd probably wreck that beauty due to the distraction. Perhaps a safety shut-off so it only works with the key in "park"......:f4:

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Andrew. Those led's aren't going to light up the tach evenly. Get one of my kits from eBay. It's a bit pricey but you will see why when you get it. My kit uses a 3 bulb wedge on the t5 side and a modified t3 to light of the digital side more evenly.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Andrew. Those led's aren't going to light up the tach evenly. Get one of my kits from eBay. It's a bit pricey but you will see why when you get it. My kit uses a 3 bulb wedge on the t5 side and a modified t3 to light of the digital side more evenly.
Any chance of a link Joe.... :)

·
1,061 Posts
yep straight swap of the bay for wedge bulbs

yes they dont quite light up evenly your right

but as far as i'm concearned i only see them at night and thats fine
oh and when i start here with the garage lights off and that outways the cost of an expensive kit

not dissing your kit mv2 i just could justify that for some bulbs

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Don't blame u bat. They are not cheap. But work goes into them to make them work the best they can in the weird ass mv gauges. That's why it costs so much.

·
1,061 Posts
very true mate
only i could think of better things to spend money on its to bloody expensive these days lol

so heres my attempt

Attachments

1 - 20 of 85 Posts