MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Filter... does it just sit up there? Didn't look like the oil filter seal went around anything even though it appears it might. Do you just need to put it on the spring and on the cover and work it up evenly with the bolts?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Calipers, yep just sits on the spring and you tighten the three fasteners up nice and even and it's done. Manuals on Donsy's site are there if you are still unsure.

Reactions: caloots

·
Super Moderator
22,622 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't have a manual.. only the owners manual...I've done a million oil changes..
Just wanted to make sure I was right about what I was seeing

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that link. That's sweet.. I'll get it when I get home

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats strange..
in the picture
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=318930&d=1464465587
it shows the cover coming down with the oil filter as if there isnt a spring between the filter and the cover.

it just says.. remove the filter.
but when you are putting it back in the filter does not sit up in the pan on its own..
so it seems u need to put the spring on the cover, the filter on the spring and push the entire assembly into the pan..
then while holding the cover, you need to install the screws and draw them in evenly.

that is what I was looking to confirm..

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ohh dang !!! i just saw jimboF4's reply!!

thanks dudes !!

going to the track monday.
ill post some footage if it comes out ok... been looking to get the gopro on the triple clamp so it can view the cluster and the track but its a tough angle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts