MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick one guys.
I am doing another wiring mod on my F4, can't remember if the bike could start in gear, by pulling in the clutch, when it was still in road trim ? Can anybody with a 1000R let me know please. I am trying to wire it so I can start it in case I stall the bike, without having to find the ever elusive neutral first.
Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
7,772 Posts
Yes it will.

I turned the key on.
Engaged in first gear with the clutch pulled in.
pushed the button and it started.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
+10

Yes it will.

I turned the key on.
Engaged in first gear with the clutch pulled in.
pushed the button and it started.
Thanks Andrew.:)

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
My MV is the first bike I have had that I had to hold in the clutch to start while it was in neutral. Couldn't figure out why it would not start that first day...lol.

·
Registered
7,772 Posts
My MV is the first bike I have had that I had to hold in the clutch to start while it was in neutral. Couldn't figure out why it would not start that first day...lol.
I don't have to hold the clutch to start mine. Only if it is in gear. I did get stuck for about 10 mins when I forgot I used the kill button to shut it off instead of the key:loser:. Was about to call the wife to come get me.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't have to hold the clutch to start mine. Only if it is in gear. I did get stuck for about 10 mins when I forgot I used the kill button to shut it off instead of the key:loser:. Was about to call the wife to come get me.
Haha, that would have been funny.
I am trying to figure out what I did two years ago when I first bridged things out after a crash. My bike only starts in Neutral, but I have bridged the clutch switch out, some head scratching going on here.:)

·
Registered
151 Posts
I've removed and bridged both the clutch switch and the sidestand switch. Just don't forget to pull the clutch in or check neutral before you press the button.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've removed and bridged both the clutch switch and the sidestand switch. Just don't forget to pull the clutch in or check neutral before you press the button.
Hi Red, this is the confusing part for me, my bike does nothing if it's not in Neutral. That's with both sidestand and clutch swithes bridged out too ? Different model ?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Mines a 2007 F4 1000R. It's track only so I cut a ton of wiring out of the system and removed all the switches. I'll have a look at home tonight and see if I can find the wire colours.

It will start in gear or not and the neutral light still works. Need to make sure its out of gear otherwise it winches the tyre warmer in when some well meaning idiot cranks it over :jsm:.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Okay, clutch switch - Blue and Blue/White, hard wired.

Sidestand switch - Green and Brown hard wired, Black is ground.

Bit hard to see without pulling the fairing and tank but I'm certain that's what I did.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
+10

Thanks Red, mine's the same, will investigate to see what else I did. I remember having to bridge out the run/off switch too because it was damaged, might be I did something wrong there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts