MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 F4. I've installed a STM clutch and 30mm clutch slave. These additions have greatly improved the ability to modulate the clutch during launch. I would still like the clutch lever to have more throw so that it is easier to modulate.
If I replace the stock Nissin clutch master cylinder with a Brembo Radial 16x16 RCS, will the lever have more travel than with the stock Nissin master cylinder? The 16x16 Brembo RCS has a 16 mm bore and lever ratio of 16 which would result in the largest lever movement for a Brembo master cylinder.

·
Super Moderator
21,420 Posts
IF it has a larger bore and a larger stroke than the NISSAN, then it will move more fluid per distance travelled than the Nissan will.

Seems to me that would shorten the actuation distance for the slave cylinder.

As for "modulation", it will certainly change the feel.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I assume you want a smaller diameter and a smaller ratio.

The 16 is not the ratio, but the distance from the lever pivot to the centre line of the piston, the actual ratio is dependant on where you grip, but for a 16 mm pivot its ~8.7 and ~7 for a 20mm pivot. However assuming you grip in the same place then the 16 will give you the greatest mechanical advantage when compared to an 18 or 20.

For some reason I think the Nissin is 17mm but not sure on the pivot, I could take a look tonight and let you know. I use a Galespeed VRE 16mm dia x 18-16mm lever pivot, pivot is about 17mm I think. I still use the stock slave, once the clutch mod was done to the anti-judder, she launches very well.

If you assume a clutch stack movement of say 0.75mm then a 16mm piston will need to move 2.6mm to achieve the volumetric displacement you want, vs 2.3mm and 1.9mm for a 17mm and 19mm bore respectively. I'd advise buying an adjustable pivot in a 16mm bore, that way you can effectively tune the feel and the lever throw based on your feel.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Danssoar. It think you are right. I'll get the 16 RCS LL. It has the adjustable pivot distance for 16 and 18 mm.
It is extremely difficult to find information on the Nissin master cylinder dimensions. Thanks for your response.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts